Chapter 9

Our parents are coming home today. I don't know how I'm supposed to tell them what happened.

I woke up this morning and went to downstairs to the kitchen to make some breakfast. To my surprise, Luke had already made me some eggs and bacon.

"Good morning, sweetheart." He smiled and pulled me into a tight, long hug.

"Good morning." I sat down at the kitchen table and Luke brought me my plate. He also carried his own and then sat down.

"So Taylor..."

"Yes?"

"How are we going to tell our parents?"

"I don't know. And quite frankly, I don't even want to think about it right now. What happens will happen."

Luke grabbed my hand and squeezed it. We heard a knock on the door. Liz ran inside and gave me a hug and asked me if I was okay because she had heard about the car accident from Jack, Luke's older brother. I told her I was fine. After my dad and Liz got settled in, Luke and I called them over to sit down at the dining room table.

"What's going on kiddos?" Liz asked.

Luke piped up and said, "well, we need to talk to you about something and we really don't want you to be mad."

"Just tell us Luke. We won't be mad," my father said reassuringly.

"Well, Taylor and I are together. When she got in that car accident, they told us that she was pregnant and lost the baby. Our baby. And I don't care about what people think. I'm done pretending."

"What the fuck?? Get the fuck out of the house. Both of you. NOW." My dad was very angry. Luke took my hand and walked me outside. We didn't have any clothes packed or anything.

"It's just you and me now," I had tears in my eyes, but I still smiled at Luke. He picked me up and carried me to his car and we drove off.

"What are we going to do about clothes and food, Luke?"

"I'm about to call Jack. He will let us stay with him."

"Okay."

Luke called Jack.

"Hey Jack!"

"Yes, Luke?"

"Can Taylor and I stay at your house for a little bit? Her dad kicked us out."

"Yeah, sure. Celeste can give Taylor some clothes and you and I will go over to the house tomorrow and get your shit."

"Thank you so much."

"No problem. Bye."

Luke hung up the phone. We drove to Jack's house. He only lives about ten minutes from our house. Gosh, what are we going to do now?