Chapter 14

We finally had made it to the hospital in five minutes, which felt more like an hour. Michael was stable, but still unconscious. I made my way into the hospital quickly and saw the boys in the waiting room. I started crying and ran into Luke's arms. He embraced me like nothing had ever happened and we were the same.

Ashton and Calum were devastated, crying. We all sat down, waiting for news about Michael. Luke looked over at me and grabbed my hand.

"Luke, why are you doing this?"

"We need each other right now. All of us need each other."

I smiled and interlocked my fingers with his. I looked over at Calum and Ashton, who were still crying.

"How are you guys feeling?"

Ashton spoke up since Calum was still horribly crying, "I just can't believe that Michael did this. Especially since he knows my past with self harming and suicidal thoughts. I thought he would open up to me about stuff like this. I'm devastated."

"I'm really sorry, guys. This is all my fault."

Calum asked, "how is any of this your fault?"

"Michael told me he loved me. Then we decided together that I still loved Luke and we couldn't do this to him"

Luke chimed in and said, "I knew something was going on between you two."

He stood up and walked out into the hospital parking lot. I followed him.

When I walked outside, I saw Luke smoking a cigarette.

"I thought you quit."

"I did"

I gave him an uncomfortable look.

"Look, nothing is or was going on between us. I'm sorry. I don't know what else to say or do at this point."

Luke said nothing.

"If you're not going to make an effort to fix this, then I am not going to either. I'm trying Luke. I can't do it anymore."

Luke stayed silent, continuing to smoke his cigarette. I walked back into the hospital where I saw a doctor speaking to Ashton and Calum.

"He took a lot of medication. We are still uncertain of if and when he will wake up. It could be a few days or it could be a few years. He took a deadly amount, so it's very difficult for us to tell. You guys should go home. There is a good chance he won't be waking up any time soon. I'm so sorry. Take care."

Calum started crying again, so I did my best to comfort him.

"Guys, it's going to be okay. We are going to make it through this no matter what. Okay?"

Ashton nodded his head in contentment. "First, you and Luke need to settle whatever is going on between you two. I saw you two. The look you had. You truly love each other."

"I have tried, Ashton, but he just won't listen to me! He still believes that Michael and I were messing around. I swear we weren't. I can't deal with him not trusting me."

"Just try again. He will come around."

"Thanks, Ashton."

I walked back into the parking lot and saw Luke pull out another cigarette.

"They said that they don't know when Michael will come out of the coma. Could be a few days or even a few years."

"Oh my God... I don't know what I am going to do without him."

"I don't either... but Luke, we need to fix what is going on. Ashton and Calum think it will be best for us all to stick together in this terrible time and I agree."

"I'm just so stubborn. I don't know why, but I can't believe you."

"Luke, for God's sake, why can't you just listen to me for once?"

We were both silent. We needed to figure out how to fix this. How to stick together. Now.