Chapter 11

Luke and I are looking at the house today. It was about twenty minutes from Jack's house, which is a plus. Luke loves Jack. Luke and Jack have always been so close. Michael is coming with us to see the house. I've missed Michael so much. I haven't seen him in a while. Michael is such a good friend of mine.

Luke drove a few minutes down the road to Michael's house so we could pick him up. We both got out of the car and knocked on the door. When Michael opened the door, I couldn't contain myself. I jumped straight into his arms. I began to tear up.

"Michael, I've missed you so much!"

"I've missed you too, Taylor."

"Okay, guys let's go. Our appointment is in ten minutes," Luke said looking bored.

We all got into the car. Michael called shotgun, so I had to sit in the back.

When we pulled up to the house, it had great curb appeal. It had a whitish-tan siding and a circle driveway. The shingles on the roof were a dark gray slate color. We got out of the car and the realtor greeted us.

"Hello, Luke and Taylor. This house has a great curb appeal and is very spacious on the inside. There is a small mudroom at the entrance. There is also a pool and outdoor area in the backyard. You guys are free to roam. The house is about 3,000 square feet. Enjoy!"

Luke and I both nodded as we walked into the house. It had a beautiful kitchen and even had a formal dining room. There was a fireplace in the family room. It was perfect. There was even a perfect place for a media room and a man cave for Luke and the boys when they visit. Michael looked like he was in awe as we walked outside into the backyard. There was a small kitchen with a fire pit and chairs surrounding it. Beside the pool there was a splendid radio and audio system. We all really loved this house. The listed price for this house was $400,000. We definitely wanted to buy this house.

We let the realtor know that we were very interested and she told us that she would put in an offer of $390,000 for us.

I saw Luke and I having a beautiful future in this . Possibly raising a family. The house was perfect. If our offer was accepted, we planned on bringing Ashton and Claim to check it out. We had enough room for two guest bedrooms, so the boys could spend time with us.

Luke dropped Michael off at his house and the we drove back to Jack's house. We were listening to some Fall Out Boy on the radio and the car ride was silent until Luke finally spoke.

"Why were you so happy to see Michael?"

"I just missed him, that's all. You know I haven't seen him in a long time, Luke."

"Well I didn't like seeing you all over him like that."

"Luke, it wasn't a big deal. He's my friend. And quite frankly, you never showed any interest in me until our parents got married and Michael has always been my best friend."

"What are you saying, Taylor?"

"I'm not saying anything. I'm done with this argument right now. Just pay attention to driving and we'll talk about it when we get to Jack's house."

The rest of the car ride was silent. And when we got to Jack's, not a word was spoken.