The Gaydar. (Nico)

"This is stupid." I grumble. Grover as me out in the cold to look for metal an amazing way to spend my 18th Birthday. "We're never gonna find something important with that stupid stick. Hazel could do this in seconds."
"Oh stop your pessimism. You know Hazel is busy." Grover bleats running the metal detector over some sand.
I roll my eyes and put my hands deeper into my hoodie pockets.
A series of loud beeps come from the detector.
"See! Told you!" Grover beams before frowning Nico isn't that your ring?"
"No that's impossible. I gave my ring to.." I trail of when I see it. A black scull ring made of stag iron. Damn, that is my ring. I run over and pick it up. There's a note attached. I pick it up and read it through. "Um... Grover you keep looking, I've got to go check on something."

Before he can respond I am running into the forest gripping my dagger's hilt tightly for protection. Snap. I spin round and point my dagger where the noise came from.
Will is stood there, giving one of those brilliantly blinding smiles. His bow strung over his shoulder reflecting the light and creating a halo of light for him
"Will!" I snap but feel a smile creep on my lips as I throw my dagger into its holder.
"Sorry Neeks." He says sincerely.
"Its okay, but why did you throw my ring over on the beach." I ask faltering slightly.
"I needed to get your attention." Will explains.
"Why?" I ask curiously and stepping towards him.
He smirks. "First of all." He hands me a box. "Happy birthday."
"Thanks." I smile tearing off the wrapping paper and stuffing it into my pockets. "You got me a Sony Walkman. Oh my gods you music nerd."
"Excuse you. Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge sounds just as too on a-" Before Will can finish his sentence I pull him into a hug.
"It's perfect. Thank you, thank you." I smile.
Will wraps his arms around me before taking a step back.

"Second." He says flashing another brilliant smile.
"What?" I look at him confused.
He concentrates and creates a ball of light in his hand. He blows it towards me which sets off almost like fireworks. I watch them amazed.
"So what do you say?" I look back over at Will who is knelt down in front of me.
"What?" I ask growing more confused.
A final light fire work goes off. It reads 'Will you marry me?' My heart begins to beat faster in the best way.
Will blushes. "Guess that was a bit delayed."
I chuckle and pull him into a kiss. Letting it last for a few moments before pulling away and speaking softly.
"Of course Sunshine."
He grins delicately handing me a ring of Stag Iron and Gold. The metals twisting around each other. I slip it on it feeling right in my hands. I hand Will my scull ring back and he smiles slipping it on.
"I love you Neeks." He stands up.
"I love you too Sunshine." I kiss him again before leaning against him.
He gently picks me up and begins to carry me out of the forest. I decide to object. Relaxing in his arms.

Grover runs over to us as Will sets me down. He runs his metal detector over my hand. I beeps going over my ring
"Looks like I did find something important with this stupid stick." He smiles.
I smile back up at him. "You did."
"You're gonna have to change the name of that thing now." Will smiles. "Now introducing the Gaydar."
I laugh as Grover picks it up and runs it over us imitating the beep noise.
We all laugh.
"We've got to go tell the others." Grover smiles up at us.
"You go ahead. We'll catch up." Will promises, lacing his fingers with mine.
I smile up at Will. Wow my life rocks right now.

--------------------------------------
AN:
Sorry I took a while to update. For any one interested the continuation of the last one shot is published and called But He's a Target. I hope you have enjoyed this one shot.
  -Bexie 161

Solangelo one shotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें