Chapter 4, Part 2

I woke up to a warm fuzzy bed. That smelt really familiar... Mint, cinnamon and really good smelling cologne. Wait.... I'm not a boy, my bed smells like vanilla. I shot up but instantly regretted it because my head felt like a hippopotamus was having a party and decided to invite the whole zoo over to dance. I look out the window to see my house and... my room and that could mean only one thing.

Holy shit! I'm in Riley's freaking room.

"You look like you've seen a ghost." Riley says coming in the room. "What happened? Why am I here?" I ask clutching my head groaning. I have a severe hangover and me thinking about this is making it ten times worse. "Well, for starters, here." He hands me some painkillers and a glass of water. "Thanks, I really needed these." I swallow the pills and look up to him. "Okay, long story short, you danced with a douche named Marco, Befriended a bartender named Bradley, did belly shots and the only reason I know of that is because Ryder has a video, I chased you down for about two hours and you threw up on my shoes and passed out so I brought you here." he finishes and I sigh. This is exactly why I don't get drunk, but I puked on his shoes! I'm such a mess. "God, Riley, I'm so sorry you had to put up with me, I'm such a mess, this is why I don't drink-" I get cut off mid sentence. "Hey, it's alright besides, looking for you for two hours and the vomiting on my shoes, I guess this video made up for it," he smirks showing me his phone. There I am, dancing like a freaking stripper and doing stupid things, I groan. "Riley stop, this is so freaking stupid. Ugh I'm gonna kill Maddie for making me go to the stupid
party." I glare at the ground and pout. "I've seen worse, your going to be fine. Just be confident and don't listen to what other people say, Anyways, I made you breakfast." he says smiling. "Thanks you didn't have to."
**
After eating the breakfast Riley made me, I said my thanks, and left next door to my house. "Hey mom." I say to her as I come in. "Hey, sweetie where we're you last night? " She looks at me concern all over her face. "I didn't feel too well at the party Maddie took me to, so Riley took me to his." I say telling her the truth but not the whole truth. "Oh. Okay, you need anything?" she asks. "I'm alright, I'll be in my room if you need me. Love you mom." I say and run up the stairs. I look at my arm and see black ink on it reading..

Bradley, xxx-xxx-xxxx
call me!  you seemed like a nice girl,  I want to know you sober.

I try to remember a Bradley from the party last night. I come up with the older, hot, funny, bartender from last night. I guess I'll call him later. I feel my pockets for my phone and look at the text, I see they are loaded from Maddie and Ryder apologizing. I decide to do a group chat.

Carter- Hey guys! I'm alright Riley took care of me it's not your fault although, Maddie don't ever force me to go somewhere I don't want to go. Love you guys.

Maddie- Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, I won't ever unless I ask you. You went with Riley? You go girl! 

Ryder- Hey munchkin! I'm sorry I couldn't take care of you at the party as much as I'd like to but I'm so glad you're alright. Love you!

Carter- Seriously, it's alright guys! You two wanna meet up somewhere? Gotta talk to you guys about stuff ;)

Ryder and Maddie- Okay, let's meet at the park by your house, Love you! Bye See you later.

Carter- Are you guys at the same place or something? Bye love you see you there! <3

Ryder and Maddie- Yeah, we are. See you later bye.

I grin. I always knew those two would get together, it's not confirmed but I just have a feeling.
**
"Hey guys." I greet as Ryder and Maddie walk up to the swing I was on when I was waiting for them. "Hey Carter." they say in unison. "Girl give me details about you and Riley last night," Maddie says and I roll my eyes. "I danced with Marco, Riley and Marco had a stare down, I left them and found an older bartender friend by the way he gave me his number," I gesture to the ink on my arm. "Riley came told me I was drinking to much Bradley, the bartender's name, defended me, I sneaked off for two hours as you know you have a video Ryder, Riley found me saying he looked for me, I tried to leave again, he refrained me from doing so and I puked on his shoes and passed out I guess that's what he told me." I finish looking at the two. "I guess he took you home Afterwards?" Ryder asks and I nod. "I guess. I woke up in his bed." I say and Maddie squeals. "He so likes you!" I roll my eyes and ignore her. "So. I got to ask you both a question." I say and they nod. "You two are so dating." I say and they roll their eyes. "More like a statement." Ryder grumbles blushing. "Aw, you guys are so cute, why didn't you tell me? Don't you guys trust me?" I pout, not knowing why they didn't say anything. I've been there when they needed me the most,  so why can't they tell me a little secret? "Of course we trust you, We just didn't know how to tell you and it's kinda weird to just say something like that with how tight knot we are. Also, we didn't want any drama so we kept it a secret." I nod understanding how they felt. "How long?" I ask looking at the both of them. "What?" Maddie asks looking confused. "How long have you guys been dating?" I repeat with more detail. "Oh. uhm about a month." Ryder says and I look at them mouth agape. "Wow, wouldn't have expected a thing." I say looking at the two of them as the hold hands.

My friends will have a beautiful future together. Or a least I hope.
***