Chapter 12

Hey! Above or wherever you see this, this is Riley!!!! It's a screenshot sorry lol, but don't you see him? He's beautiful!!!!! Anyways the story.
**
Since Carla told me about Brandon, we were talking about meeting up and discussing about how he needs to tell someone about the bullying. We were now at our local cafe: 'Cool Beans' they have the best coffee at a decent price. "He should be here any second." Carla says biting into a muffin.

"Alright." I say, suddenly the bell rings and I see an attractive brunette with thick framed glasses walk in, it must be Brandon as he smiles at Carla. "Hey, Brandon this is my sister Carter."

I smile and hold my hand out, "Nice to meet you."
**

"So Brandon, about the bullying I think you should tell someone, no one deserves that, especially you." I suggest. We've spent the past hour and a half talking,  laughing and getting to know each other.

"You told her?" he asks looking appalled at Carla.

"Uhm, yes I'm sorr-"

"No! I don't wanna hear it, I told you not to tell anyone." Interrupts Brandon.

"She was upset she came to me, trying to get a way to make you happy. I don't think you should be mad at her she didn't have bad intentions." I say defending my sister.

He's silent for a few moments until he speaks,

"You're right, I'm sorry."

He looks at Carla with eyes that show they are about to have a moment, I take this as my cue to leave.

"I'm gonna walk home, you two have fun but not too much fun." I tease walking out of the cafe. They ignore me, laughing and start to talk.

I look at the sky while I'm walking and think about life,  I probably look like a insane person, but the sky looks beautiful tonight, it's a mixture of yellow and orange, swirling into each other and it was calming.

I lose my balance and prepare myself for the fall, but two strong arms wrap around me,  preventing me from falling.

"Watch where your going, young lady." says Bradley, his storm gray eyes make me feel calm. I smile and hug him.

"Shut up, loser."

"Says the one tripping over her own feet." he smirks.

"Shut up, Bradley." I retort.

"Is that all you can say this evening?" he asks looking amused.

I ignore him and continue walking,

"So. Carter have you found your dress yet? We have a mission you know."

I think about the beautiful article of clothing in my closet, the dress makes me feel beautiful. I value it.

"Yeah, I've found my dress." I say watching his face light up.

"Cool. What color is it? I can match it with a tie."

"It's for you to find out the night of the dance, but wear any color tie, it'll match."

"So is the dress white?" he guesses grinning wider than the Cheshire cat.

"Nope, and I'm gonna deny everything by the way."

"Darn." he says, coming to a stop I look up surprised to see my house.

"I guess this is where we part ways, Bradley."

"Yes, so heartbreaking to see you go." he says dramatically.

"Bye loser." I kiss his cheek and watch him walk off, when I'm walking in my house,  I swear I see a light go off in what is supposed to be Riley's room.
**
Two days have passed and it's the day of the masquerade; To say I was nervous was an understatement. The plan was to relax with Maddie all day at my house and get ready, then in the evening our dates would pick us up. I hear a knock at the door signaling Maddie's arrival. I rush down the stairs almost tripping, and open the door.