Ch. 4 Waking up

All of a sudden, I could hear everything more clearer than before. "It's my fault that Liana ended up like this."

"No it's my fault." Soon I hear lots of people saying it was there fault for something. Was it guilt thinking that I almost died?

"Y....ou don't ....... Ha....ve to bl.....ame your....selves for this" I mumbled. Then, utter less silence. Soon a flash of light obscured into view. It was blurry, but started to clear up.
I saw all my closest friends and Sam's friends were gathered around me. Rachel and Sam were holding my hands hoping I would wake up. "Hey guys" I said in a soft, gentle voice. All my friends were relieved, and I was in Sam's arms, and everyone was happy. I guess I'm done for zombie duty today. Sadly this is only day 1 still. After a hour since I woke up, everyone has been following me and trying to protect me all the time. But my friends and Sam have been acting ridiculous. They haven't been letting me do anything, that seems dangerous. But they are trying to protect me from all the zombies all day. So I feel a little bit safer.

Few more hours later. It became time for dinner. This 1st day has been so difficult. I almost died and almost all my friends and my crush, Sam. So we got our pasta, and we all sat together about what happened to today. Apparently my day was the worst of them all. I was sitting in between Rachel and Sam, then Nada was sitting next to Rachel. After we finished eating, we were talking about one of the good parts that happened today. Of course, Sam and all my friends said me being alive. And it was so sweet, Sam kept on holding my hand and putting his arm around me.

Then he whispered gentle and softly in my ear, "Liana, I almost lost you today, and it's only day 1 of the zombie apocalypse. And I have always loved you so much, I would do anything for you. I started to like you since the ending of 7th grade. Yet I had never had the courage to show it. So I would really like it if you would be my girlfriend." I guess the terrible dream was right about one thing, but how long was it going to be right though. I thought he would never ask. Then I said yes, and he kissed me on the cheek.

Soon it was getting late, and all of us chose a room to sleep in. Somehow we chose the upstairs animal room/club. Boys and the girls were going to sleep together. We were able to sleep for a while, I like feeling the heat from Sam. I slept peacefully and happily that night. Only for a few hours. But before then, I woke up in a cold sweat for a terrible bad dream. I see all my friends, but then I see them collapse to the ground. What is that red stuff??? IS THAT BLOOD!!! NOOOOOOOO! Are all my friends dead?!?! I got scared so much, it woke up Sam and he got worried. I told him what happened and told me that it was never real, and never will be. Then he hugged me tightly. It made me feel a lot better. In the end, he held on to me tightly and we fell back asleep, with my head on his chest, peacefully asleep for 3 more hours. Then I heard.........

THUNK!!!THUNK!!! It sounded like someone or something was at the door. I quickly jump into action and barricaded the door. I looked around and saw all my friends still asleep. I peered out the door and saw the scariest and ugliest thing ever, Andrew. Just kidding, it was a zombie, but Andrew is still disgusting.

Then I see that all the zombies were making their way to the other classrooms. I got my sword, and wrote a note to my friends telling them I'm off to fend off the zombies from the other classrooms. I crawled and squeezed underneath the desks and made it to the hallways. I sneaked past the zombies, and made my way downstairs.

Once I reached the exit, I fired my gun. It got all the zombies attention and started to make their way down stairs to outside. Then I see my friends looking out the window to see me outside, with shock and worry on their faces. So much for being discreet. Then I started stabbing the zombies and realized I was going to get myself cornered. How do I end up getting into these types of situations?!?!?!? Then I see Sam, Rachel, Natalie, and Nada coming out to help me. Once all the zombies were knocked out, Natalie and Nada pushed me inside the school, and Sam and Rachel barricaded the door. Once that was done, Sam picked me up so I couldn't move and carried upstairs and then to our classroom.

"What were you doing?!?!? You almost gave us all another heart attack!! You could've died, again!! Why?? Why did you go back out when you knew we could have done it for you? Or tell us so we could help!?!?" Natalie and Nada yelled at me. I was hugging Sam to reassure him that I was fine.

"I heard a zombie trying to get in and barricade the door. Then I saw that all the zombies were in the school making their way to all the classrooms, so I got out to lure them away so they wouldn't kill you guys!! Because I could never live with myself if you guys died and that my dreams/ visions were trying to come true!!" I yelled at them, and I started to cry. Then they understood and came up to me and gave me a huge hug. And we went back to bed. Sam holding me on tightly to either to say he wasn't going to let me go or was saying that he would never leave me. Soon I fell asleep, and then minutes later, so did he.