Chapter 4

"Brody? Brody Hanson? Is that seriously you?" I ask in astonishment. He smiles and opens his arms.

"It's me." I run into his arms and give him a big hug.

"Oh my gosh! I can't believe it! I never thought you'd be the first one I'd see when I got home." I release him and look at my bothers. They all have the same look on their face. One of utter confusion. I roll my eyes. "Guys, don't you remember my guy best friend, Brody? We use to hang out all the time?" Then I see it click.

"Dude, awesome to see you again," Connor says. He comes and shake Brody's hand.

"Good to see you too Connor. Hey Mason. Been a long time." Mason comes and shakes his hand.

"Yeah. Like ten years." Brody chuckles a little.

"Ha. Yeah. Around that time."

"You're the hired hand Uncle Ben got?" Brett asks. Brody shakes his hand. "Well how do you like that? Our own uncle replaced us with his niece's childhood friend."

"Sorry bout that."

"Sure you are," Travis says with a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

"You guys know me so well."

"Of course they do. It was almost like you lived with us," I say.

"It's true dude. Sometimes I thought mum and dad had secretly adopted you," Travis says.

"Yeah. I bet you would've believed them if they had told you they did. Anyways, shall we get going? There are some people anxiously waiting for you." We gathered our bags and headed off to the farm.