Chapter 16

Travis's POV

It's been a week and a half since the accident. And Alex has been going crazy. She still hasn't gotten out of the hospital and, well, a moody Alex isn't neccessarily a pleasant Alex. She's actually getting a bit annoying, but I really can't blame her. She has cracked ribs, a small concussion, and a broken leg. There's a reason why she's still the hospital. I'm kind of worried about her too. Just a few days after she was admitted into the hospital, she called out for our father. She was in a sedated sleep, and I don't know what goes on in someone's brain when they're in a sedated sleep. But it broke my heart when I heard her. She thrashed around and it took forever to get her calmed down. Afer she calmed down, I couldn't help but wonder why would she call out for our father. It's been a long time since she ever called for Papa. I'm snapped out of my thoughts when I hear her voice.

"Travis?" I look at her and see she has a questioning face. Meaning she wants to ask something, but she doesn't know how to.

"Alex, just ask." She smiles a little.

"Brody." is all she says. I try to show no emotion, but I know she can see something in my eyes. "Still not awake?" I shake my head no. "It's my fault." I look at her with a confused face. She's just staring down at her hand which are fiddling with the blanket. "I was the one that first yelled at him, and then we started arguing and he was distracted and.. and..." her eyes start to water up. I go over and hold her hand. I would hug her and hold her, but with her ribs, yeah, tried it, got punched for it.

"Listen Alex, it's not your fault. It's not either of your guys' fault. Actually, you guys did have the right away." I try a coy smiles, and it actually works. She grins a little bit. "Ah. That's it. Come on Alex show me your pearls. Where's your smile at?" Her smile grows bigger, and then it immediatly changes to a frown. So does mine. "What's wrong Alex? Is it your ribs?" I start panicking.

"Travis, calm down. I'm fine, it's just that... that's what Papa use to say to me to smile. He use to ask me for my pearls when he wanted me to smile." I feel my heart sink because it's true. He did use to ask her that.

"I'm sorry Alex. I totally forgot." She calms down and look at with a sad face.

"Not your fault. We've kind of just locked those memories away. By the way, does dad know?"

"No he doesn't." She leans back, closes her eyes, and says, "Good."

xxxxx

Yeah, I really don't know what happened to this chapter. Maybe it's because I'm really tired and I think something up, but write some totally and completely different. But I hope you liked it.