Chapter 11

I walk into the house and see that Aunt Lisa has kept the house pretty much the same as when we left. I remember how sad I was when Papa said that we were going to move. I didn't want to leave the farm to strangers and neither did my brothers. This farm was mum's dream. She had grown up in the country and wanted to marry a farm boy. Though she didn't, she was able to turn Papa into a little bit of a farm boy. Luckily, my brothers were able to convince Papa to give Uncle Ben the farm. I then enter the kitchen and see my aunt and cousin-in-law-to-be setting the table.

"Need any help?" My aunt turns quickly around.

"Oh! My dear Alexa!" She comes and hugs me and I hug her back.

"Hello Aunt Lisa." She lets go of me and looks at me from head to toe.

"Oh how much you've grown! I haven't seen you since you were five."

"I know. It's good to see you again. And you haven't changed at all. You're just like I remember. You're just like...," I trail off.

"Just like what dear?"

"Just like my mum." I feel the tears prick my eyes.

"Oh sweetheart," my aunt says and she hugs me again. I just let her hug me. I see all these little scraps of memories.
Memories that I can't catch. We hear the door open and my aunt lets me go. "You gonna be alright?" I wipe at my eyes and nod my head.

"Yeah. I'll be fine."