Chapter 21

Brody's POV

It's been a week since I've woken up. Alex comes to visit me everyday, and much to my displeasure, so does Kelsy. That girl just doesn't know when to stop. I mean I thought Alex slapping would've stopped her, but no, it didn't. Oh that was an interesting day. Alex was here and we were talking and then Kelsy came and told Alex to leave because she wanted to spend some alone time with her 'boyfriend', but Alex wouldn't and they got into a fight. It ended with some harsh words being said and Kelsy leaving with a red cheek. Ah, good memories. Though, I still can't remember Alex. She told me everything that I use to know about her, but they just don't come back. She tries really hard to not act disappointed, but I can see it in her eyes that she is. She's learned pretty well how to fake a smile, but it doesn't ever reach her eyes. I can't help but feel heartbroken when I see that disappointment in her eyes. I don't want her to hurt. She's lost her father and mother, and now her best friend. Sure I'm still here, but I'm not me. I'm someone all new and I hate it. I just want to go back to my old life. I want to my old self. I want my best friend back. I hear a knock at the door and see Alex standing there. She's been out of the hospital for a few days, so she's not wearing the hospital gown. She's wearing her regular clothes. I smile at her and she smiles back. 

"Come on in," I say. She slowly and softly walks in and sits on the chair by my bed. "How are you today?' I ask. She opens her mouth, and then closes it. She bites her lip and I know that she's going to say something I won't like. Finally she sighs.

"I don't know how much longer I can stand this," she says softly. "I've tried so many things to help you remember me, but nothing seems to be working. I-I don't know what to do now." Tears run down her cheeks. I lift my hand and wipe them away. My heart skips a beat when she leans into it. "I'm sorry." 

"You have nothing to be sorry about. I know you're stressed out." She just nods in agreement. "And if I'm thinking right, I know you're strong. I mean after everything you've gone through, you're strong." 

"Thank you Brody," she says in a tiny voice. I scoot over and have her lay down beside me. I wrap my arms around her and she sighs. "You're my best friend. I love you." Her breathing becomes even and mine become sporadic. She loves me. But do I love her?

xxxxxxxxxx

Ah. Don't you just love my endings???? Hehehe..... Sorry my little duckies, but you'll just have to wait and see what Brody decides. Does he love Alex???? Hmmm.... Perhaps only in the friend or sister kind of way. Perhaps not in the actual way. I'm gonna let you guys mull that one over. 

Don't hate me......