Chapter 1

"Come on Liling! I know you can do this." A voice said

"I'm trying daddy! It's just so hard!" A girl around the age of seven with long dark hair and large brown eyes said her fingers grabbing the leaf seeing the fire slowly burning the leaf while she concentrated until a small fire formed in her hands the girl stared at it with awe and excitement.

"You did it!" Her father said feeling proud at her daughter.

"Yeah! I'm sure Mom will be happy too if I show her this!"Liling said smiling she moved the fire in between her hands.

"Liling be careful when do you that I don't want you to get—"Her father started until he heard Liling shout. "— hurt." He finished saying that but too little too late he saw her daughter sniffling at the slight burn mark on her wrist.

"What happened?! Oh no Liling!" A woman said taking Liling's hand that was burned. "It doesn't look serious that's good....Mommy will make it better now." She looked at the young girl sniffling from the pain.  The mother grabbed her canteen of water and bended a small amount of water healing the Little girl's burn and kissed her forehead and caress her cheek.

"See you're all better now." She said smiling lovingly at her daughter.

"Liling, you have to be more careful fire can be dangerous if you don't control it then people around you can get hurt." Her father said "That's why These lessons are important  so that you would learn to master it."

"Okay, daddy....Hey can we visit my friend today?" Liling asked

The two parents looked at eachother and nod in agreement. The two looked back at the Little girl.

"Of course we can go visit him but only after you're done with you're lesson today." Her mother said

"Awesome! I'm sure he'll be so happy to see me!"Liling exclaimed  jumping up and down anxiously waiting for her lesson to be over to visit her friend.

"I guess we better pack up Ai." He said to his wife.

"The earlier the better Lee."Ai said " Liling! Don't do that! I don't want you—"

"Ow! Mommy! Daddy!" Liling shouted as she started to cry.

"—Hurt again."Ai said

"How many times has she been hurt again?"Lee asked

"I lost count after a few." Ai said

Lee let out a sigh as He and Ai went towards their daughter crying again. While trying to cheer her up.

"There, there little one everything will be okay." Ai said

"As long as you're with us everything will be fine."Lee said

8 years later....

"Aang!" Liling  screamed as the raging storm nearly tossed her off of Appa's back and towards the thrashing water below.

"Liling!" Aang cried out in terror, lunging forward and grabbing her hand as he hung off the sky bison's head "Don't let go!"

"I wasn't planning on it! Not in this weather!" She yelled back, she held onto Aang's hand for dear life. She never thought that this storm would be this bad.

The wind and rain thrashed the two young teenagers and sky bison from all sides, screams erupting from They're throats and Appa roared as they were forced into the roiling ocean below without mercy. Liling still held onto whatever she held praying that this wasn't the end, she still had so much to do in her young life. Blackness began to encroach on her vision as the thrashing ocean pushed her further away from where she could still faintly see Aang and Appa. She gritted her teeth and ignored the darkness slowly covering her eyes as she used the last of her strength to Try and swim herself through the water towards her best friend and the sky bison.

She reached Appa first and stretched out her hand, grabbing the reins that floated in front of her then she twisted around and reached for Aang. Her eyes widened in awe as she stared at him, watching as his eyes and his arrow tattoos began to flow bluish-white while he seemlessly shifted into the Lotus position and pressed his fists together. As unconciousness began to pull her completely under and her vision was almost entire obscured by darkness, Liling saw a sphere of air swirl outward and encase him, herself, and Appa. Then the only thing on her mind was if they were going to be okay. After that everything went black.