Chapter 7

Liling decided to help Sokka forge for dinner, although Sokka said he'd be completely fine without her so he went by himself. She let her hair loose for a change of pace walking lightly looking around the small forest carrying a small basket with a few edible plants that she found.

In the nearby trees she spotted a few mushrooms, she inspected one of them. And saw large puffs growing around the ground that looked like sheeps wool.

'Grandma told me about these puffballs. But I have to be careful if it's the small ones they can be confused with another ones that could be poisonous.' Liling thought she picked one up and cut it open to inspect the inside.

'Easy to slice like freshly made white cheese and no gills, it doesn't have a stalk.' Liling thought ' So it is a puffball and it's pure white so it's safe to eat, I'm sure Aang would like these.'

A light breeze was blown Liling closed her eyes enjoying the wind blowing. 'It's always relaxing forging for food. ' she thought 'I remember helping mom and dad forging all the time, I wasn't as experienced as they were but I at least know as much as I could from them.'

After about an hour Liling manage to get a few things for dinner, once she got back to the camping ground she heard Her friends voices.

"Great you're back!"Aang said "Where's Liling? Didn't she go with you?"

"She'll be fine."Sokka replied "She's probably off picking flowers or something."

Liling's eye twitched when Sokka said that, she's usually the one getting more plants and edible stuff while Sokka gets the meat or fish. She glanced at them while Sokka pulled out a pouch.

"What's for dinner?"Aang asked

"We've got a few options." Sokka replied, reaching into the bag and pulling out a nut, "First round nuts and some kind of oval shaped nuts and some rocked shaped nuts that might just be rocks."

Liling couldn't help but smirk most of those nuts are rock! she watched Sokka continue to dig in the bag after tossing what looked like a rock over his shoulder, which Momo looked at curiously.

"Dig in." Sokka said, smiling proudly at Aang and Katara after emptying the bag.

"Seriously," Katara asked, looking at the nuts or rocks in her hands then at Sokka, "What else ya got?"

Sokka frowned and dug into the sack while Liling got back to the camp.

"Hey guys!"Liling said cheerfully.

"Lils! What'd you find for dinner?" Aang asked

Liling smiled proudly showing them her small bounty.

"I manage to find some mushrooms that are safe to eat, some burdock root and some chives. " Liling said "And for dessert fruit!"

"You were just lucky."Sokka said

"Yeah, very lucky that little old me was able to find them without a big strong hunter like you."Liling said with a hint of sarcasm in her voice.

"Liling is always good at finding stuff around the forest, by her parents and grandparents." Aang said

"Really?" Katara said

"Yeah, my grandmother was a medicinal herb expert in the village and my grandpa took me out to different forest with him we'd pick all kinds of stuff so that my grandmother would teach me about it." Liling explained "I remember getting a bit ditzy by some weird cactus juice that I drank thinking it was safe to drink. My mom got worried when I was very loopy making a mess around the house, I told her that I was being chased around by a giant banana."