Chapter 12

It was a strange morning for Liling first Zuko let her be out without being cuffed walking freely on his ship, except the fact that the guards were constantly watching her but she didn't mind as long as she didn't do anything to them then they won't bother her. After he let her out she quickly followed the guard so that she could have a warm bath which she hasn't had in a while thanks to prince firecracker.

Obviously she wasn't going to wear the clothes she had on for a few days so she changed into her other fresh clothes which was a simple pink kimono. she had simple wooden shoes, leaving her hair long she went to wash her dirty clothes. Adding it in the washbin using her soap and using the wash board to scrub it clean while humming softly.

Zuko was concentrating really hard in his training sparring with another soldier, once he was done he heard a humming sound he wondered who was humming and stopped gazing at the girl in the pink kimono.

Liling continued humming quietly, unaware by the fact that someone was watching her every move. She stopped humming and sang a verse.

'Don't fall in love with the traveling girl...she'll leave you broke and broken hearted'

'Don't fall in love with the traveling girl, if you know what's good for you'

Zuko's brow furrowed as she turned her head to look at the clear sky. A light breeze blew and her hair lightly flowed delicately.

Her eyes went back to her work and a small smile played on her lips. She hang up the wet clothes up at a small lining that she made carefully placing her green haori in it.

Her eyes glanced at the haori her fingers gently caressed the fabric smiling softly yet in her eyes had a hint of sadness in them.

Zuko was faintly aware that his own body had froze in the spot, almost as if it were in a trance as he stared at those eyes, even as they flickered to look in his direction.

"I…I…" he gulped nervously and she quickly caught his gaze.

His cheeks had a very pale blush and he was doing his best to avoid her eyes.

For some reason, it was surprisingly amusing for Liling since she was used to seeing his angry and grumpy side but not this side, Liling then thought that he reminded her of Her friend Ru, Ru had a similar personality like Zuko only that he wasn't so angry all the time, she loved teasing Ru about anything making him flustered. She found her mouth twitching upwards in a small smile thinking of her friend.

Zuko's brow furrowed in confusion

"What?"

"Nothing" Liling bit on her lip to stop herself from giggling in his face.

Zuko scowled darkly.

"You're laughing at me aren't you?!"

"No. I was just thinking of someone that you remind me of." She replied Coolly

"Who exactly?"

"Oh…he's nothing of your concern." Liling simply said

Zuko's gaze hardened suspiciously.

"That wasn't much of an answer" he said

Liling shrugged her shoulders ignoring that comment. "I better go find your uncle, he and I have a pai sho game in a bit."Liling spoke calmly. "See you later Prince firecracker."

"Would you stop calling me that!" he yelled but she was already walking away ignoring his outburst. She'd been calling him prince firecracker ever since she got captured.

He watched her back closely until she walked out the room. He couldn't help but notice the way her long hair swished against her hips as she walked.