Chapter 2

In a Dream
'You're getting the hang of it Liling!' Ai said smiling at her daughter.
'Yeah only cause I have a good teacher!' Liling said
'I just know that you'll be an excellent bender my little jasmine flower.' Lee said to her.
'Lee, the sun is setting.'Ai said
'That's enough fire bending, now it's your mothers turn to teach you.'lee  said
'Okay!'Liling said
'Now Liling let's get in the stream.'Ai said instructing her daughter to get closer letting her feet touch the water.
'It's Cold!'Liling exclaimed
End of dream

"It's Cold..." Liling whispered moving to her side feeling the cold course through her body.  Voices, one familiar and two others that she didn't know who they were.

She opened her eyes and sunlight was bright she could see the clear blue sky.

"Will you go penguin sledding with me?" A voice said

'Huh.....is that Aang?'Liling thought she sat up and shivered a bit feeling the full cold. She wished she dressed a bit more warm. She looked down at her outfit  Dark blue pants which stopped at her knees. Over this she wore a green haori with white trimmings, and around her waist a brown sash. She wore light-brown shoes, Her long dark hair is gathered in a white bun holder, while two locks of her hair fell loose framing her face, bound with metal hair cuffs at the ends.  She looked up and saw her friend.

"Aang?" The teen girl said loudly

"Liling!" the bald boy yelped and ran towards her, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just peachy."Liling said "That was some weather."

Liling noticed a girl and a boy with similar features appear around the mountain of snow just as Appa woke up and opened his mouth, licking Aang right off his feet.

He hugged Appa's face. "Appa, you're okay!"

The flying bison made a grumbling noise deep in his throat, nuzzling Aang happily while Liling hugged the sky bison, she glanced at the other two teens in blue parkas standing a couple feet away, stunned expressions on their tanned faces.

"What is that thing?!" The boy demanded as he and the girl came closer, warily looking between Aang, Liling, and Appa.

"This is Appa." Aang said with a happy grin as he let go of Appa's cheek.

"He's Aang's flying bison." Liling said

"Right." The boy drawled disbelievingly and he gestured towards the girl beside him with his thumb, "And this is Katara, my flying sister."

Liling just gave put a soft laugh at the look the girl, Katara, gave the boy. Suddenly, Appa began to make a growling sound low in his throat and his upper lip began to twitch. Aang and Liling exchanged looks and ducked just as the flying bison sneezed, spraying the other boy with gooey, green snot.

"Eeewww! Aaahhhggg!" The boy screeched, rubbing himself against the snow in an attempt to get rid of the snot covering him.

Liling couldn't hold in her laugh , she was clutching her stomach while Aang just smiled innocently as he petted Appa's nose.

"Don't worry, it'll wash out." Aang said

The boy touched the snot on his face and pulled his hand away, making disgusted noises as it stretched, but remained stuck to his face.

Liling looked around curiously before focusing on the two siblings.

"So, do you guys live around here?"Aang asked

"Where are we?"Liling asked

Suddenly the boy Appa sneezed on was crouched in front of her and Aang, his spear pointed at their faces threateningly, "Don't answer that!" He snapped at his sister without taking his narrowed eyes off the two benders, "Did you see that crazy bolt of light? They were probably trying to signal the Fire Navy!"