Chapter 18

Hi guys! here's another chapter that was most requested by you guys in my private messages! I think you'll like it!

Chapter 18

The next day after the storm, they docked the boat to make a few repairs. The banished prince and his Uncle were waiting in the breakfast table for their breakfast made by the dark haired girl.

"I wonder what Liling is making today?" Iroh said with a hint of excitement in his voice.

Then the door opened with one of the kitchen's staff placing the meals down, Zuko raised a questioning eye brow…usually is Liling with their meal, maybe she was too busy helping the cook.

Iroh smiled and picked up his chopstick to start eating as soon as he took one bite he instantly coughed, Zuko gave him a flat look.

"This…this is nothing more than meat and plain rice!"Iroh mutered utterly repulsed by the food.

"This is what we always have Uncle."Zuko said

"How could you say that?! Liling always makes food taste delicious! Not like this! "Iroh demanded angrily giving his nephew a stern look. "Something must be wrong!"

"Well..you are right Lord Iroh." One of the men spoke up. "Liling wasn't in the kitchens this morning."

"What?!"Zuko and Iroh exclaimed

"Did she escape?!"Zuko said "Search the boat! " he barked out the orders as he quickly got up. She can't hide from me! How dare that peasant escape after everything….

Zuko was in such a fuming temper that even as he strode through the group of his men he barked loudly.

"What are you all doing? Get a move on!"

"Sir-"

"WHAT?!" he snapped turning around to face one of his men that spoke.

Minutes later they were in Lilings room, she was lying in her bed coughing and her face was flushed and slightly coughed loudly.

"What happened? What is going on here?" a voice puffed as Iroh finally came to a slow stop behind his nephew, As soon as he saw the young girl laying in bed, his face turned grim.

Iroh waited for a couple of moments and then quickly put a hand to hover over her forehead.

"She has a fever, it explains why she wasn't in the kitchen this morning, it was probably from the storm." he said softly but clearly enough so that the guards all about them now began murmuring worriedly.

"A fever? Will she be alright?"

"We should find a herbalist to treat her-"

Zuko was about to interject, as Iroh raised a hand, all fell silent at once to hear him speak.

"The poor girl is clearly very exhausted and she just need is plenty of rest and some herbs to help her. We should let her rest and in a while I'll check on her." Iroh said

Zuko frowned as he watched Liling, sweat formed in her forehead as she mumbled in her sleep.

Hours passed by and now It was dark. A few soldiers found an herbalist to check on the female while Iroh escorted her to Liling's room.

Zuko followed suit though he was quickly shooed away by the old woman as soon as he reached the door. He had stayed outside the door with his uncle.

"Soon, you'll be all better." The old woman said gently at the sleeping girl, she placed a few herbs in some water and boiled it by the small fire. "Once the herbal drink is ready you'll be up and full of energy by morning."