Chapter 3

Liling started pacing back and forth nervously wondering if her friend is okay, as she watched Aang and Katara walk towards the village where the entire tribe was waiting just outside. She let out a sigh of relief.

"Yay!" The children cheered as some of them raced towards Aang and Katara, "Aang's back!"

Aang smiled and happily greeted the children that had come to meet him, but it was short lived as Sokka broke through the crowd of villagers to standing in front.

"I knew it! You signaled the Fire Navy with that flare!" He shouted, Katara and Aang drew closer with the children.

Sokka stepped forward and pointed an accusing finger at Aang. "You're leading them right to us, aren't you!"

"Aang didn't do anything!" Katara said "It was an accident."

"Yeah," Aang agreed sheepishly, "We were on the ship and there was this booby trap, and well..." He awkwardly rubbed his head and winced slightly, "We boobied right into it."

'Oh dear....this isn't good.' Liling thought 'This isn't our day....'

Gran-Gran stepped forward and looked at Katara with a worried look, "Katara, you shouldn't have gone to that ship! Now we could all be in danger!"

"Don't blame, Katara. I brought her there." Aang said he placed his hands on his chest then let them fall to his sides and hung his head, "It's my fault."

"Aha! The traitor confesses!" Sokka snapped "Warriors, away from the enemy!" He turned to glare at Liling and Aang as the children sadly walking away from them, "The foreigners are banished from our village!"

"Hey! If he says its an accident then it is! It's not like a fire nation ship is coming this way!"Liling exclaimed

"You don't know that! They could be coming this way thanks to your little boyfriend!"Sokka snapped at Liling.

Anger course through her as Liling tried to keep her head cool knowing if she didn't then it'll cause even more trouble than it already is. She glanced down to see her feet sinking in feeling the melted snow.

"Sokka," Katara growled and glared at Sokka. "You're making a mistake."

"No, I'm keeping my promise to Dad." Sokka stubbornly said and he pointed at the two. "I'm protecting you from threats like them!"

"They're not our enemy!" Katara snapped "Don't you see? Aang and Liling have brought us something we haven't had in a long time...Fun."

"Fun?" Sokka said his eyebrow twitched, "Fun!? We can't fight Firebenders with fun!"

Aang smiled cheerfully at Sokka, "You should try it sometime."

'Oh Aang...you're not making this situation any better.' Liling thought Shaking her head.

"Get out of our village!" Sokka snapped at them. "Now!"

"Grandmother, please. Don't let Sokka do this!"Katara pleaded

"Katara, you knew going on that ship was forbidden." Gran-Gran replied "Sokka is right. I think its best if the Airbender and his friend leave."

"Fine! Then, I'm banished too!" Katara shouted she grabbed Aang's hand dragging him towards Appa while Liling followed them, "C'mon Aang, Liling, let's go."

"Where do you think you're going, Katara?!" Sokka demanded

"To find a Waterbender." She shouted back over her shoulder angrily "Aang is taking me to the North Pole!"

"I am?" Aang said he exchanged befuddled looks with Liling, a moment later into a wide grin and he smiled, "Great!"

"But Katara-" Liling started until she was interrupted by Sokka.