Chapter 9

"Let's go, Appa! Come on boy!" Aang pleaded, tugging on Appa's reins, Appa didn't move a single muscle as he roared and Aang looked down sadly, "Look, I'm sorry but Lils, Katara and Sokka aren't coming to the Fire Nation with us. If they got hurt, I'd never forgive myself."

"So get your big butt off the ground and let's go!" Aang shouted and yanked on the reins again only to fall backwards onto his own behind.

"I think his big butt is trying to tell you something." Sokka said Aang turn to Katara and Sokka, Liling walked towards Aang with a slight pout.

"Please don't go Aang." Katara begged desperately, "The world can't afford to lose you to Fire Nation. Neither can I."

"Aang, you can't do this alone."Liling said crossing her arms over her chest. "If you try to leave I'll just hunt you down like a certain fire nation boy does and trust me you don't want me hunting you. It'll be a lot worse."

Aang gulped knowing that once Liling has something in her mind she always does it, he glanced away from her but an image of the comet appeared in his mind and he jumped to his feet.

"But I have to talk to Avatar Roku to find out what my vision means! I need to get to the Fire Temple before the sun sets on the solstice!"

He Airbended himself on to the top of Appa's large head.

"That's today!" Aang pulled the reins to get Appa to fly but was blocked by Liling,Katara and Sokka.

"We're not letting you go into the Fire Nation, Aang." Katara stated firmly.

"At least, not without your friends. We got your back." Sokka said with a grin as Momo perched on Aang's shoulder then Appa licked Sokka, causing him to cringe, "EW!"

"It's a long journey to the Crescent Island." The village leader said, stepping towards Aang, handing the bundle of supplies to him, "You'll have to fly fast to have any chance of making it before sundown. Good luck."

Aang look at the village leader while Sokka, Liling and Katara crawled into the saddle.

"Thank you for your—"

"Go!" The village leader cut Aang off, pointing towards the ocean and Aang snapped Appa's reins.

"Appa, yip-yip!" Aang shouted and with a rumbling growl Appa leaps into the air.

"If we head in this direction and at this speed we can make it."Liling said sitting next to Aang.

The village leader sighed quietly and pressed a finger to his temple as he left one of the intact buildings in his village only to gasp when he saw Zuko standing in front of him.

"Having trouble sleeping?" Zuko asked rhetorically and shoved the leader back into the house, knocking down the door then approached his fallen form, "Seen the Avatar lately?"

"We've got a long way to go, boy!" Aang urged the sky bison from his position on his head, snapping the reins gently to encourage Appa to fly faster.

"Fly fast Appa! There's a bushel of Apples in it for you!" Liling encourage the bison.

Liling, Katara and Sokka watched the ocean below them fearfully, keeping an eye out for any Fire Nation ships. Aang peered back at them then turned forward again and urged Appa to go a bit faster.

'Home...we'll be there soon...'Liling thought

"Sailing into Fire Nation waters..." Iroh grumbled behind his nephew, "Of all the foolish things you've done in your sixteen years, Prince Zuko, this is the most foolish!"

"I have no choice, Uncle." Zuko replied looking into the telescope.

"Have you completely forgotten that the Fire Lord banished you!?" Iroh demanded angrily before his tone turned fearful, "What if you are caught?"