Chapter 16

Liling had woken up earlier the next morning, she looked at the new clothes that Iroh was kind enough to buy for her along with a tea pot.

'He reminds me of my own father…'Liling thought lightly touching the colored fabrics. 'I can't forget the reason I'm here….the moment that there's an opening I'll leave…no matter how kind everyone seems on the ship they're still the enemy.'

Liling brushed her long hair back and started to practice her stances, since they took away her canteen she could at least practice some moves.

She was fully focused on her stances.

'Liling never forget that the basics are the key to mastering the elements, they are the main structure of any bending. If you don't master the basic you can't advance further.'

'Yes father! I'll practice everyday to master it!'

'That's my little jasmine flower.'

"Dad…." Liling whispered softly

There was a knock on the door Snapping her out of her thoughts.

"Who is it?" Liling yelled hurriedly plopping herself on her bed trying to act natural. However her visitor did not answer.

Liling frowned usually the person would answer.

"Who is it?" She repeated

Again her visitor said nothing though she could hear someone shuffling behind the door.

"Look! Don't play games with me! Whoever is out there" she growled at the door "I won't let you in until I know your name!"

It was because Iroh had told her not to open the door to anyone unless if it was him or Zuko.

She waited with bated breath her visitor to say something, her heart pounded in her chest, she prepared for the worst until she heard him groan.

"Agh! I can't believe this" a male voice growled before calling out. "It's me!"

Liling blinked a few times…Zuko? Why is he out this early? Curiosity got the best of her so she opened the door.

There standing outside was Zuko dressed in his casual dark tunic and pants, his arms folded when he saw her..she looked different…was it because she's wearing the new clothes his uncle got her? His eyes slowly moved, the new light green kimono somehow made her look a bit more...

Doing his best to gulp down the strange suddenly existing lump in his throat not breaking eye contact.

"I…I…Uncle wanted me to get you." He quickly said

"Huh? why?" She asked

"So that you'll go outside for a while on the ship."He said clearly a bit annoyed at her questions but..somehow it didn't feel that bad to answer her.

"Oh…okay." Liling answered

He gave her a small nod, gripping her hand in his tighter as he made to tug her along behind him. Everytime he did that he couldn't help but notice how soft her hand was…even when she worked in the kitchens and doing the daily routine of hers, she always have those hands soft as silk.

A few minutes later Liling was looking at the sea and glanced at the clear blue sky. She noticed the seagulls going in the opposite direction and a few circling around.

"There is a storm coming." Iroh stated wisely after taking a deep breath of the sea air, "A big one."

Liling looked at the old man.

"You're out of your mind, Uncle." Zuko commented drily as he closed his telescope and walked over to where his uncle was standing, "The weather's perfect. There's not a cloud in sight."