1 - CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE

As promised, the first chapter is up. It's a very short one but then again it's the beginning, so bear with me, yeah?

Let me know what you think. I know this chapter is kinda abrupt but I didn't want to rush the story too much but I hope it's suffice.

I'm dedicating this chapter to LUXURY123 and iam_insomniac.

Vote, comment and fan! Thanks!

~BlissfullyInLove93~

(PICTURE)-------------> Logan Lerman as Cayden Carpenter. Isn't he the cutest twink or what?!

CAYDEN

I woke up with an excruciating and throbbing pain on my left ribs as I was moving to get up from my sleep.  I looked down on my body I cringed at the sight of the new bruise that had now turned purple.  Damn those bastards.  Couldn't they just let me go unscathed? Fuckers! At least there were only three of them last night unlike last week when seven of them ganged up on me.  Yeah, the fuckers were some stupid football jocks from my high school. Dumbasses! What could I have done differently?  No, there’s nothing I could have done differently.  That’s what happened to the loner guy like me who has nobody to protect me so it was only me myself to blame.  I just couldn't shut my mouth. When I saw red I just had to do something about it. I should have not responded to their constant teasing and bullying.  Again, I should have kept my mouth shut but instead I gave them reasons to beat the crap out of me.  I groaned and hissed as the pain kept getting worse.  Then there was a knock on the door of the bedroom that I shared with three other kids.

“Who is it?” I yelled.  “It’s me, Mandy.  Can I come in Cayden? Please……..” a voice of a little girl that I had been missing rang through the door. I cannot believe it. She's here!  “Yes, come in.”

Amanda Rogers-Stein or Mandy as I call her was a sweet 11 years old girl.  She was in the same Foster Care System as I was until she got adopted by two gay men earlier this year.  Mandy and I had known each other for about a year and a half.  I was glad I was able to get her adopted because she was still so young and she needed a family and a parent or parents that would love her unconditionally.  She was a sweetheart and an angel and she was such a beautiful girl that I had the privilege to call her my little sister.  Well, not officially my little sister but hey! I call her that nonetheless.

The reason of my saying that I got her adopted was because I was the one that insisted on pairing her up with the two gay men that I knew.  One of them was my high school chemistry teacher, Mr. Rogers.  Mr. Rogers and his husband had wanted to adopt me but I knew better.  I have been on my own for so long that the idea of having somebody or anybody for that matter to take care of me made me cringed, especially when there are some many young kids that need home to call their own. I had to refuse Mr. Rogers and his husband's offer to adopt me and instead after working together with my social worker and Mr. Rogers along with convincing Mandy to be adopted by them I believed I had done the right thing convincing my chemistry teacher and his husband to adopt Mandy instead of me.  Now I couldn't be happier to see Mandy having a family to love and to call her own.  I know I miss her all the time because she was the only kid I got along with.  I loved her like she was my own sister but at least I got to see her if not every weekend it would be every other weekend at the courtesy of her dads.

I couldn’t help it when a big smile formed on my mouth as I saw Mandy walked through the door towards me.  She looked so clean and beautiful and so innocent and happy.  I got up and walked a couple of steps towards her but when her smile faded into a frown I stopped.  “Oh no!  What happened to you?” she asked.  I was baffled for a second until she pointed her fingers at my naked torso which had bruises on them.  Damn it!  I quickly went to pick up a shirt from my bed and quickly put it on.