23 - CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

Please, won't you push me for the last time
Let's scream until there's nothing left
So sick of playing, I don't want this anymore
The thought of you's no fucking fun
You want a martyr, I'll be one
Because enough's enough, we're done.

PICTURE-------> Matthew Daddario asDamien Caldwell

________________________________________________________________________________

CHAPTER 23

C.A.Y.D.E.N

Aww, shucks!!! Why must bad things happen to a good person like me? Could this day get any worse?

Sure, it could. Duh. Here I was standing in front of my room with the door closed, pondering whether or not I should knock first, or just barge in like I couldn't give a damn care in the world.

The dilemma here was that there was a loud music blaring from inside my room. Judging from what I could hear, Pierce The Veil's 'Circles' was playing very loudly. Now, from what I'd learned from Fitz the first evening I was here – and what a lesson that was to begin with – I knew that this could only mean that my so ever so lovely and considerate roommate Sean was currently having sex in our room. Coincidentally, I actually hadn't seen him at all since he took off for the hospital this past afternoon.

'Circles' was a good song and all. However, if I was going to muffle the sounds of sex from clearly coming out of the room I'd rather have 'King for a Day' being played instead. Now, that song had a lot more of guitar riffing and lots of screechy noise; perfect for covering sounds you didn't want anybody to be able to hear.

Then again, currently, there was no sock on the door handle. So, what should I do? Plus, I needed to drop off my backpack heavy with thick textbooks, and then pee before going back out for late night snack at the Dining Hall.

Dilemma. Dilemma.

Oh, fùck it!

Not caring what was happening on the other side of the door I inserted my key, unlocked it, pushed open the door quickly and entered my room like nobody's business.

Immediately, my whole body was in shock. My eyes widened and a loud gasp escaped me, completely and utterly surprised with what I was witnessing. With no time to process what was going on, I was jolted, shocked once more when a pillow was thrown my way, smacked dab in my face.

Then, that was when I heard the shouts and screams going at me.

"Cayden!" Trace gasped loudly.

"Fùck, Cayden!" Tyler growled at me.

"Bro, close the fùcking door!" Sean screamed furiously, turning the speaker down considerably.

Within those seconds of witnessing the freaked-out face of Trace, the angry face of Tyler, and the head-shaking of disbelief of my roommate Sean, I finally realized what was asked of me. Since I'd got caught like a deer in a headlight, I turned around, closed the door, and bolted it shut immediately.

"Oops. Sorry. Sorry," I muttered before quickly placing my backpack and books on my desk. Then, just as quickly, I turned back around to leave as quickly as I had come in.

I swore for the life of me I truthfully never meant to see the things these three guys were doing. But if a gun was pointed at me right now I wouldn't even know where to begin to explain why I did what I did.