Six: Clueless |Caleb|

"The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone." - Johann Wolfgang van Goethe

Then she ran away.

The whole scene had sort of played out before me in fast motion, like someone hit the fast forward button. She'd been buzzing around the room from customer to customer, just doing her job. Not that I was watching her the whole time... that would be weird, right? No, I was just glancing at her everytime she passed by and of course when she came and took my order. Though for some reason it was really, really, awkward between us.

I mean I know I was nervous of course, but what was it on her end that made the awkwardness so thick I could slice it with a knife? All I did was thank her for my drink, order my food. This is normal stuff! Does she know me? Do I know her? Um, no. I think I'd remember this face.

Anyway, after a while I sort of got lost in thought staring out the window. It was mostly day-dreaming about nothing in particular, ahem, but my thoughts were all brought to a screeching hault when the sound of crashing dishes resounded from the other side of the room.

"You little twit!" some hot, blonde chick was screeching as I turned my head a little to see what was happening.

Next to hottie was some buff dude who I could probably take, but would most likely match my weight class. He had food crap all over his shirt, she had lettuce and dressing on her skin tight dress. Okay, so they're sloppy eaters? Why the screaming!

Then I saw exactly why, lying on the floor face down only a foot away from them. It was my Beautiful girl. She was scrambling to get up then, as they flung insults at her holding a menacing stance. Normally when a hot blond chick tries to be menacing, it's even hotter, but this one was just not pulling it off. She looked like a witch. He just looked like, well I'm only mad because my girl is, but seriously there was no heart in his performance. I would know.

Her mouth was moving, but she must've been so quiet I couldn't hear her. Why doesn't she just defend herself.

I would be like "listen jackass, it was an accident!", or well whatever it was that happened. I'm only seeing the aftermath of course, but I doubt she just threw food at them randomly. Would she?

Oh who am I kidding. I know nothing about her! I just know she's attractive, very attractive, but maybe I'm the only one who thinks so, right? For all I know she could be some biotch who everyone hates and is always making trouble. She could totally be the bad guy. Or girl anyway.

But I just can't help think she's good. How could anything so beautiful be... bad?

Oh why the hell do I even care? Next thing I know she's dashing out of the room to that back, where I'm assuming the bathrooms are. The hot couple stand watching her a minute longer, then the whole group of these stupid Juniors burst out laughing. How do I know they're all Juniors? Well I'm pretty sure half of them go to my damn school.

I swear these eleventh graders at my school all think they're so damn cool, they're so annoying! All the other seniors apparently hate them, from what I heard when first arriving at this school a few months ago, and now I see why. They think they own they school but they have got a lot to learn. Like maybe how to act in public?

They all start keeling over in laughter, and instantly the jokes start about the poor girl who ran off crying. They're all muffled together in a hum of laughter and jeering, so I can't really pick out anything specific. Well except for blondie who's sittingdown with a red face from laughing, squealing out "what a loser!" while trying to maintain brething.

Wow you guys are cool.

Shoving away my plate I stand to leave, totally intending to go out, find a mechanic, and head home. Works sort of out of the question now anyway, I'll just have to explain myself later. Throwing on my jacket I head right for the door. I didn't eat anything so I'm not paying for it, that's my logic. Once I'm about to open the door, something stops me. I have to pee!

Damn it!

In a flat out dash I sprint for the place Beautiful ran, praying to God it's where the bathrooms are! Thankfully I was right and right before my eyes is the door to freedom! Okay I'm being dramatic, but damn I gotta piss.

5 minutes later.

Sighng with relief I walk happily confidentally out of the bathroom. That was awesome. I'm sure no one wants details though, right? As I walk past the ladies room. I freeze. Is that someone, crying?

Actually it's more like all out sobbing. It's almost painful sounding. The sobs are interrupted by some choking sound and I debate whether or not I should go it. There could be someone dying in there. Then again it is the ladies room and well I'm not a lady last time I checked. Which was about two seconds ago in the men's room.

Hell, what am I gonna do now?

I raise my hand slowly and unsure, to push open the door to a room I never wished to go in...ever. Taking a deep breath then swallowing hard, I try to man up and just shove the door open as if I'm ripping off a damn bandaid. Before me is a terrible sight I honestly wish I'd never seen.

Crap loads of pink first of all. How do girls... you know go... in this type of atmosphere? It makes me wanna puke, which is the next thing I notice... There she is. It's beautiful, and she's keeling over the sink convulsing like she may throw up but doesn't have anything to throw up. I rush to her side then, forgetting about the nasty pink room I'm in, only seeing a damsel in distress. Not that I'm some knight, but I can at least hold her hair back right?

That's just what I do too, since well there's nothing else I really can do. She lets go of her own hair then as I hold it back, and braces herself against the sink as a whole round of chokes and gags comes but nothing more. Finally I think her body realizes she's just not going to give and she slumps in relief as the last gags die away. Breathing heavilly she reaches for the tap, the begins washing her mouth and face.

All the while I just sort of stand there awkwardly, crap I'm still holding her hair! It's pretty soft by the way... Anyway I put that down and take a step backward to give her space. We meet eyes in the mirror in front of her and she looks like a beautiful mess. Something I'm pretty sure only she can pull off right now, man I sound whipped and I don't even know the girls name.

"Thank-you," she says to me in a raspy voice.

'''''''''''''''

Okay so don't stop there. This is sort of part one of this chapter in Caleb's POV, next comes PART TWO of sorts in Elena's POV, so READ ON ! (:

Love, Lily