Nineteen: Courage |Caleb|

"First love is only a little foolishness and a lot of curiosity- George Bernard Shaw"

"Catch me," she whispered, looking me dead in the eye.

Crap! She just... she just asked me out? Metaphorically anyway, with that whole analogy we were just playing with.

I mean I had a feeling she sort of liked me, I'm not stupid, girls can be easy to read sometimes. Not all the time of course, that's for damn sure. For instance, only a few seconds ago did I realize she's the only freaking girl on the planet who doesn't like being called beautiful?

Anyway, I better answer... but how? Yes? Alright? I could just kiss her, she's leaned in close enough it wouldn't be awkward- and we would then be technically dating... She's take a kiss as a yes, right?

Letting go of my mental struggles, I lean in quickly and plant my lips firmly against hers. She moves back a little, in shock I'm guessing, but doesn't remove her own from mine.Her lips aren't as soft as most girls I've kissed, they're a little chapped probably from excessive licking. But really, mine are no baby bottoms either- so it balances out. She's obviously tensed, so I place my hand on the back of her neck for... support I guess? She sighs and falls into the kiss. I try moving my lips and she moves her sloppily and a bit too fast...

Shit.

I'm her first kiss.

I try to not let that ruin this moment, I just feel bad, since well- she's not my first. Feeling guilty I pull back and try to smile, I mean I'm happy as hell she's going out with me! But I feel like I've stolen something special from her.

"I'm terrible, aren't I?" She asks, giving me a knowing face and biting her lip.

"No, not at all!" I claim, a bit too loudly which makes it obvious I'm lying and trying not to hurt her feelings. She just laughs with an apparent light-heart and scoots closer.

"Well it is my first try, give me a break, I just need some...practice," she teases with a broad smile that's probably matching mine now.

I haven't had a real girlfriend since last year at my old highschool. She was great, nothing like Elena, but cool. We hung out in the same crowd and were the two most popular and attractive by "vote", so it was sort of expected we date. We kept steady till I moved away and we agreed on a nice split since it was obvious we weren't going any farther than just dating.

But when I asked her out, or when she said yes rather, it felt nothing like just now. When Elena said yes it seriously felt like I won a million dollars- cheesy as it sounds. I know we've only just met, like what? A couple weeks ago that night at the diner.

The memory sends chills up my spine, but I force it to play out before my eyes. Something like that is never going to happen again, I'll make sure of it. Sure she's okay with her friends now, but if they ever pull something like that again I'll be there.

My eyes flicker up to her and I realize I've been zoned out looking at the floor boards, which are old and worn and need some serious repair. This thing could just collapse with one hard jump I'm sure. She's studying me, my whole face, my hair, my eyes, just looking. I do the same...

Her eyes, a pretty green, not piercing or anything, more of a dulled olive tone- nice though. Kind of easy to get lost in. Her hair long and blonde, I reach out to run my fingers through it, my fingers catch near the end in some tangles, but it's pretty soft. No more than typical I guess, but it's still girl hair. Girl hair is girl hair, prettier and softer than mine. Her cheeks are slightly blushed, obviously from my touch...