The Sick God and His Nurse

It had been a day and Izaya was losing his mind.

No phone, no computer, no nothing.

How was he supposed to keep himself entertained when he couldn't interact with his lovely humans?!

All the protozoan had was a small television which only played VCR tapes, having no cable.

Izaya recalled seeing him with a flip phone a few times but other than that there was nothing in his house.

Was it even possible to live like this?!

The informant groaned and flopped back onto the bed, staring at the ceiling in annoyance.

He recalled how the bodyguard had told him to rest, but how could he?

Izaya was so bored!

With his phone taken away (that bastard Shinra said he needed to stop meddling with others for a week) the small man was at a complete loss on what he could do.

Could he really deal with this for six more days? It didn't seem possible.

The sound of the front door opening made Izaya shoot back up into a sitting position.

"Izaya, I'm home!" A low and gravelly voice called out from behind the bedroom door.

Grinning happily, Izaya waited for the blond to enter his bedroom that the informant was currently staying in. Normally he absolutely hated Shizuo being anywhere near him but he was desperate for some kind of fun.

Besides, Izaya still needed to inform the brute that he was actually not in love with him (who could mistake absolute hatred for love?!) so their relationship could get back on track.

The door opened, letting in Shizuo who was holding a plastic bag. The ex bartender frowned as he saw Izaya was sitting up.

"Lay down, your sick. Where's the rag that's supposed to be on your forehead?" He immediately questioned.

The dark-haired man rolled his eyes and laid down, not in the mood to fight for once.

"I put it back in the sink. I'm feeling better so can I-"

"For the last time, no you cannot go home. You're staying with me for the week." Shizuo sighed as he cut off the flea.

Almost every hour Izaya had tried to fool him into thinking he was completely fine. Last night at 11:00 p.m the bodyguard had actually believed him only for the crimson-eyed man to collapse as soon as he exited his apartment. Ever since then Shizuo made sure Izaya stayed safely tucked in bed. Walking into the bathroom, he quickly took the rag and drenched it in cold water before wringing it out. Entering the bedroom again, he gently touched his forehead to his sick patient's.

"Hmm you're still really warm." He muttered to himself and set the rag down on Izaya's forehead, relieved to see that he wasn't arguing.

Izaya simply stared up at his arch enemy who looked down at him with soft eyes. He didn't think it possible for anyone in the whole world -scratch that, universe- could look at him like that, least of all Heiwajima Shizuo. The informant never imagined a gaze so gentle could be aimed at him. His parents showing no interest in their children and leaving at them at a very young age, Izaya hadn't ever experienced something like this. If he was honest with himself, he'd admit it was a very nice feeling.

"Did you take your medicine?" The blond called out as he rummaged through his cupboard and pulled out the pills Shinra had prescribed Izaya, secretly already knowing the flea hadn't taken anything. He walked back to the bedroom and handed the sick louse a glass of water and his medicine.

Izaya groaned as he glared at his stupid pills, debating on whether or not he should slap them out of the bastard's hand. However, Shizuo still had that soft look in his honey brown eyes. Reluctantly taking his medicine, Izaya gulped it down with water. Luckily the side effects weren't too drastic, only making him feel sleepy which wasn't all that bad.

After all, what else was he supposed to do with absolutely no way to communicate with the outside world?

He watched as Shizuo set the water down on the night table beside the bed before returning Izaya's pills to the cupboard. The blond was just about to start up dinner when Izaya bit his lip.

This would be a good time to clear up that misunderstanding, wouldn't it?

"Shizu-chan?" Izaya called out before cringing at how soft his voice sounded. What the hell was wrong with him?

Shizuo entered the room again and looked at his guest questioningly.

Taking a deep breath, the informant gestured towards the bed, signaling Shizuo should sit down. The bodyguard did just that.

"Look, about that day in the alley..." He started quietly.

"Oh, are you talking about your confession?" Shizuo smiled brightly at him.

Izaya cringed at just how happy he looked.

"Yeah, about that-"

"I was really happy when you told me that." The blond murmured, blushing ever so slightly as he looked down at his hands.

Izaya stopped, not saying anything as Shizuo continued.

"No one...no one really understands me, you know? They're all scared of me. I can't name a lot who actually see me for me and those people only figured it out after getting close to me. You...you've never been afraid of me. Despite hating you for a long time I always had to give you credit there." Shizuo sighed softly.

"To be honest I never thought love was possible for me. I can't control my anger after all."

The blond lifted his head and stared straight into Izaya's eyes, face completely sincere.

"But with you...it's possible. You can defend yourself from me and frankly, I think we're a good fit. Not many people can love either of us and we're outcasts from the rest. Of course, I thought you didn't care about relationships before you confessed." Shizuo explained, brown eyes full of trust.

"I'm giving you a chance because I feel that you haven't really shown me your true self. I feel that we could find love in this world if we look to each other."

Just like that, all the breath left the small informant's body as he stared up at Shizuo with wide eyes. The bodyguard slowly stood up and walked over to him, such a short distance seeming like miles. Izaya knew what was about to happen but couldn't bring himself to tell him off. Watching as Shizuo leaned in close, Izaya looked into his eyes as lips pressed against his own.

"Get some sleep, Izaya." Shizuo whispered before making his way out of the room.

Izaya hesitantly touched his lips, mind blank.

He needed to yell after the brute.

Had to laugh at how stupid he was for misunderstanding.

Break his heart.

For once though, Izaya couldn't bring himself to do it.

Not when he still remembered those soft eyes watching over him protectively and lips telling him to trust, just like Shizuo was trusting him.

Izaya couldn't hurt him.