Izaya's Absolutely Genius Solution!

Chapter Text

"Stop! Hey, where are you taking me? Let GO! " Izaya shouted furiously, red eyes burning with anger.

There was no reply from the blond walking determinedly in front of him. The informant growled and pulled against the hand tugging him all. Damn Shizuo and his stupid strength! Izaya was very aware of all the eyes on them as he was forced to walk on the busy streets of Ikebukuro hand in hand with his enemy.

Enemy...?

You aren't enemies though, right?

Not anymore.

....

Not after your confession.

Izaya shook his head quickly and gritted his teeth. No, that was NOT what happened! He had just been in a week state of mind at that moment!

So what if the blond had been a little kind to him!

So what if the brute had been the one constant in his life!

So what if Izaya had been happier these past few months than he'd ever been?

Lowering his head, Izaya stopped yelling at Shizuo to let him go and simply followed him silently. Part of him was curious as to where he was being led to, the other being terrified of Shizuo letting him have it. Honestly...Izaya wouldn't mind being beaten by the blond. It had happened plenty of times before, by plenty of people.

No, that wasn't the issue at all.

Izaya had been undeniably cruel to Shizuo even when the ex bartender had treated him as a human being instead of just some nuisance to be dealt with. He had shut Shizuo out, yelled at him, planned on breaking his heart...it was shocking the taller man hadn't said anything back. Now though...Izaya understood he must have taken everything too far.

Head hanging guiltily, Izaya began to berate himself for everything he'd done.

He didn't deserve Shizuo.

Suddenly the bodyguard halted, causing Izaya to accidentally bump into him. The informant blinked in surprise and looked around, wondering where they were. His confused expression immediately turned into that of an exasperated one.

They weren't on the streets anymore, but they certainly weren't in any building either.

"Why the hell are we in some dingy old alley?" Izaya sighed, knowing he shouldn't have expected anything from Shizuo. Perhaps the blond picked this place because no one would see him beating the raven into a pulp.

Bracing himself, Izaya squeezed his eyes shut as he prepared for the furious shouts of anger.

Instead, a pair of lips pressed against his own. Izaya's eyes flew open in shock and he stared at Shizuo with a frozen face. The blond stepped back and licked his lips, smiling down at Izaya.

"Hey, calm down a bit. I'd never hurt you, Izaya." He chuckled lightly and ruffled the informant's hair.

Flushing a deep red, Izaya stared at the ground from embarrassment.

He didn't slap the hand away.

"I don't know why you won't...I deserve it." Izaya mumbled, his black hair covering his eyes.

Shizuo sighed and leaned against a wall, staring up at the blue sky.

"You really don't remember this place? We were here just a little while ago." The ex bartender let his eyes flutter shut.

Izaya blinked and looked around in confusion.

Suddenly, memories he'd shoved away were thrown back inside.

"I mean that if you can have human feelings like this then you aren't the person I took you for. Knowing that, I can't exactly hate you and I would like to start over. How 'bout it?"

Ah...yes. This was where his genius plan had spiraled out of control.

"This was where you thought I confessed to you." He spoke out loud, remembering the blond's reaction perfectly.

Shizuo's cheeks turned slightly pink but he nodded.

"Yeah...but that doesn't matter though. Not anymore." Shizuo replied and suddenly grabbed Izaya's had, looking at the younger male with determined eyes.

"Because we're going to do it over. For real this time." He smiled at Izaya excitedly.

The informant turned an even darker shade of red and he looked away.

"You want me....to confess." He mumbled.

All he got was a nod in return.

Sighing softly, Izaya chewed on his bottom lip nervously.

Yes, he'd said these words in the restaurant.

But...But that didn't change anything!

He didn't love Shizuo or anything...

"Stop lying to yourself, Izaya." Izaya gasped as arms wrapped around him, holding the self-proclaimed god in a protective hug.

"I won't leave you. I'm here now." The soft and gentle voice promised.

And....

Izaya believed him.

Eyes watering, he felt his walls crash down as Shizuo obliterated them one by one.

He....he could love.

It wouldn't be easy.

But...it was possible.

Tears slipped down the raven's face and fragile arms hesitantly returned the hug as if they feared the body was not actually there.

"I-I love you, Shizu-chan. I love you!" Izaya cried out and buried his face in Shizuo's chest, sobs wracking his body.

"I love you too, Izaya. It's alright to cry." A hushed voice reassured him as Izaya felt his body be rocked back and forth.

And he did.

Holding onto Shizuo tightly, Izaya sobbed as he let out the emotions he'd withheld for years.

The pain, the suffering...Izaya allowed his enemy to fill them up with joy.

Only they weren't enemies anymore.

His head tilting back, Izaya kissed Shizuo back passionately as his tears came to a stop.

I love you, Shizuo.

Feeling Shizuo respond to his kiss lovingly, Izaya smiled softly.

Their problems weren't over.

But for now...

He was going to enjoy the romance of the brute and the flea.