Alone

It had been 11 days since Izaya had spoken with Shizuo.

11 days since the blond had asked him why he didn't care what people said about him, no matter how cruel.

11 days since Shizuo had confirmed that he felt something for Izaya.

...

And 11 days since Izaya felt something himself inside his cold heart.

However, the informant's icy walls were slowly being warmed by a certain monster who was telling him to trust.

Telling him that he wasn't evil.

Telling him that he isn't alone.

Telling him...that he could find love.

Izaya shook his head furiously, a dry laugh devoid of any humor escaping his lips.

Yeah right!

Love?

He didn't need it!

All he needed was his pure infatuation with all of his beloved human beings!

Sighing, the small man leaned back in his office chair and turned away from his blaring monitor.

Izaya glanced over at his clock, reading it was 2:13 a.m.

As much as he wanted to sleep he had more work to do.

Frowning, the trusted Awakusu-Kai informant for once couldn't be bothered to dig around for more information.

What was wrong with him these days?

Pulling himself up, Izaya walked over to his large window which stood from the ceiling all the way to the floor.

Although being late at night, Shinjuku was still buzzing with traffic and shining commercials playing on screens.

It was truly a busy and lovely city, perfect for everything Izaya enjoyed.

Except...it didn't have his favorite humans living in it.

No, only Ikebukuro held the title of being a perfect city with no flaws whatsoever.

Well, it would be nice if Shizuo didn't live there.

Izaya groaned out loud and flopped back into his chair.

"Why must the stupid protozoan always invade my thoughts?" He muttered to himself, trying to find a comfortable position.

The raven glanced back at his monitor that still had way too many tabs open.

He clicked on the Dollars chatroom eagerly, hoping to take his mind off of the infamous blond.

-Kanra has joined the chatroom-

Kanra: Huh, no one is here?

Kanra: I suppose it is a Saturday night, everyone is busy busy~!

Kanra: Kanra is overloaded with work so she can't do anything :(

Kanra: Taro, you're not even on...?

Kanra: No big deal~! Kanra needs her beauty sleep so it's best if nobody is here anyway!

Kanra: Of course, Kanra is always around

Kanra: ...

Kanra: Not much for me to do besides this. It's not like I have actual friends.

Kanra: Yeah...I'm definitely going to wipe clean this chat.

Kanra: No need for anyone to see this pathetic display

Kanra: Bye

-Kanra has left the chatroom-

Izaya cleared the chat immediately, disgust for himself bubbling up inside.

He wasn't so weak as to hope someone would talk to him anyways.

Not like any of them was his friend. They all hated his internet persona Kanra as well.

The informant felt a tug at his heart and wondered if the room had suddenly gotten colder.

Shrugging it off, he walked into his kitchen.

Namie would be here sometimes, making his food and trying to poison it.

Izaya would be lying if he said he didn't enjoy seeing his secretary use various poisons only to fail in the end.

Still, he wasn't in there to think about something that trivial.

Going into his fridge, Izaya pulled out a large bottle of wine.

It was a gift from one of his clients from some time ago. He hadn't drank any for not liking alcohol and trying to steer clear of it.

Well, he may as well take a sip.

No harm in that

Shizuo walked through Shinjuku and smiled as he saw the apartment complex Izaya lived in.

"Thanks, Shinra."

The bodyguard chuckled to himself for it had been his friend who suggested he visited his crush.

It had just been too freaking long since he'd seen the raven and Shizuo was getting antsy.

Going up the elevator, he wondered what he'd tell Izaya.

That he missed him?

That he wanted to hang out?

For God's sake, it was nearly 4:00 a.m!

Shizuo shrugged.

I'll just tell him the truth.

He finally found his ex enemy's -in his opinion- door to his apartment which was on the top floor.

Of course he had the most expensive loft in Shinjuku.

Rolling his eyes, Shizuo simply smiled easily and knocked on the door.

It opened a few minutes later and the ex bartender's grin immediately fell off.

There stood Izaya, who was holding an empty bottle of wine.

The usually pale man's face was flushed a deep red and his eyes were glazed.

"Whhaaat the hell do youuuuu waaant?" Izaya slurred out, leaning against his open door for support.

Shizuo's eyes widened.

"Shit, Izaya, why are you drunk?" He asked, immediately walking inside and helping the raven over to a couch.

Izaya simply glared up at him.

"You." He replied simply.