2- Meeting

Zane POV

Waking up to the sound of my mother yelling at me to get up, isn't exactly the best way to greet the day. Groaning, I get up and out of bed, whilst having the feeling of waiting for something. Shaking my head to try and rid of the irresistible smell of lilacs and moonlight, I get ready for the day. Being the second in line for the throne isn't all that its cracked up to be. I don't know how girls can do this whole 'it has to be perfect' look thing. I know I sure can't.

"Zane, there's rumors of a new girl that's coming to school today. She might be your mate." My mother, Deidre, told me as I readied my books for college.

"Ok, mom. I'll keep an eye out for her." I replied thinking, I hope she doesn't reject me, or better yet, she can get me out of this hell hole.

*********

Lena POV

Walking into the main campus, I take a deep steadying breath, only to smell my mate, mixed with three different scents.

I walk by, and get caught up in his beautiful blue grey eyes.

"MATE!" Rosita yells, going absolutely crazy in my head. As she begins to drive me nuts, I walk right into a poorly placed locker.

*BAM*

Rubbing the side of my head, I hear Mercury and Dagger laughing at me.

"I thought I'd never see the day in which the Omega, who once said she'd never walk into a locker or wall looking at a boy, would walk into something." Mercury linked

"Yeah, yeah, laugh all you want. When we get home, you'll just have more training to do, boys" I link back

Zane POV

Taking a deep breath as the new girl walks by, I get the same scent. Lilacs and moonlight. Now ignoring the three girls that's now trying to get my attention, I gaze into her baby blue eyes.

Whispering, I say a word I thought I'd never say. "Beloved."

She then walks into a locker, no doubt distracted by me. Leaving the other girls alone, I walk over to her. My beloved.

"Are you ok?" I ask, then get a even better look at her beautiful eyes.

"What do you think?" She snaps, obviously peeved about something, "Yes, I'm fine. Looks like your sluts are waiting for you."

"What's your name?" I ask, still quite mystified at her attitude.

"If you want to talk to me, and find out who I am, look in the back of your classes. I'll be there. That's when I'll talk more openly. Otherwise, you'll just continue to be mystified by me." She replies, turning on her heel and walking away.

I shake my head, as my brother, Vlad walks up.

"What's wrong, Bro?" He asks, then glimpses what I'm looking at. "Dang, She is fucking hot."

Slamming him against the wall, and trying not to rip his throat out, I growl "Leave her alone. She's MINE! If I find you touching her, you won't be touching her or anything for a long time, brother. You have a mate already. Don't touch mine."

I let him go, and he falls to the floor. I brush my self off and head to class.

Lena POV (A/N: Italics is mind linking)

"That was a little mean, Len."

"I know, Rosita. What was I supposed to do? We both smelled and seen those sluts all over him."

"SO? He's our mate, let him explain before jumping to conclusions, please? I want him."

"I know. I want him too. And yeah, I will let him explain himself."

"Thank you, Len."

"Hey there, Lena."

Looking up, I see Dagger. "Yeah, Dagger? What is it?"

"Weren't you a little harsh on him, Lena?"

"Rosita and I have already chatted about it. That's not the only thing bugging you, is it?"

He nods. "Yeah. Who do we take orders from?"

Giving him a hard look, I reply "Who have you always took orders from?"

"You and Aphrodite, or the Luna herself."

"Alright then. You've answered your own question. Now go blend in, Ash." I reply then give him a hug.

"Who was that?" My mate asks, sitting down beside me.

"A friend of mine. Possessive of me already? Dang, I'm good."

His eyes spark, as he replies "I've been looking for you for three months. You're not getting away so easily this time."

Before I could reply, the teacher calls out my last name. "Nightstalker?"

"It's L, Either way, I'm here."

I look at him, and get lost in his eyes. He cracks a smile, and asks " What's your name, Beautiful?"

"If I tell you mine, you have to tell me yours, no arguments...", I then lean close to his ear, "Hottie."
Laughing at his face, who knew he would look so good with a slight blush.

"Alright, What is it?" He asks, annoyed and perhaps slightly aroused.

"Lena. What's yours?"

"Zane"

Zane POV

Who knew a beautiful girl would have a such beautiful name. Quickly deciding, I take a chance. Laying my hand on her leg, she quietly gasps, such a beautiful sound. She places her hand on top of mine, and then intertwines our fingers.

Dang, I love this girl so much. It's like I wouldn't be able to breathe if I wasn't near her anymore.