4- Date night

Aphrodite POV (Italics is mind linking)

"Hey, Ari." the only person in the world allowed to say that said.

"Hey, Len. Who's he?" I ask, meaning the boy behind her

"Be nice, sis. I might've forgotten to tell him about how protective you and the others are. Please don't jump down his throat for what he's about to say." Len linked to me

I nod. "Alright. You want to tell at one time or not?"

"As in get them here then tell?"

"Yeah."

"I don't think so, nice try."

"Fine. When he gets all possessive over you and they don't understand why you get to explain."

"Alright. I got it." Len then cuts off our link.

Noticing her subtly squeeze his hand, I think I know who he is.

Zane POV

"Babe, you don't have to, I can if you want me to. Although she isn't going to let you past without knowing who you are." MY girl whispers, gently squeezing my hand.

Instead of replying, I pull her outside, smile on my face. Pressing her against the wall, we kiss. Breaking apart, I crack a smile. Resting my forehead against hers, with my eyes locking on hers. 'Dang. never knew asking a girl out would be so hard.' Taking a deep breath, curious look appearing in her eyes, she asks "What is it? Typically you aren't this apprehensive about doing something, hottie."

"Do you want to go out?"

She smiles, "Yes. Casual or formal?"

"Casual. Pick you up at 9." I reply, leaning down again. Laughing, she meets me, and our second kiss is even more 'sparky' than the first.

"I love you, Lena."

"I love you too, Zane."

Lena POV

The moment our lips met, I knew that life without him was impossible. When he pulled away, I knew he didn't want to, then his eyes became semi-distant. Hearing him take a deep breath, I knew he was trying to pep himself up for something. Running my hand along his arm, loving the feel of his twitching muscles, I ask "What is it? Typically you aren't this apprehensive about doing something, hottie."

Suddenly, like my words brought him out of it, he asks "Do you want to go out?"

Smiling, "Yes. Casual or formal?"

"Casual. Pick you up at 9." he replies, leaning in. I meet his lips, and it's better than our first kiss.

"I love you, Lena."

"I love you too, Zane."

We then split ways, after he kisses me again, him to go do something, while I go spill the beans to my sister, and get ready for my date. Walking in, with a dreamy look on my face, Aphrodite looks at me strangely.

Cocking her eyebrow, she asks, "Who was he? And why do you look like a sappy puppy?"

Instead of answering, I grab her wrist and drag her up to my bedroom.

Aphrodite POV

Seeing my sister walk in, looking like she was just kissed, I instantly knew it was from that Vampire boy, and my sister wasn't getting off the hook so easily. When I asked her about it, she dragged me up to her room, and that's how I ended up helping her with her hair and make-up.

"Sooo, who's the boy that kissed you?"

"His name is Zane."

"AAAnnnddd..."

She sighs. "Alright. He's the second in line for the throne, a Vampire, an amazing kisser,---"

"Woah, there little sis! Did you forget I did catch you two making out in the janitor's closet during second hour? I don't need to know everything about him, just the basics."

"Alright, what else do you want to know about him?"

"What is he to you?"

"My mate."

I stop what I'm doing, shocked. "WAIT! WHAT?" I scream, not worried because the room is soundproofed.

She smiles. "Yes, He's my mate. Ya know, the one who I walked into a poorly placed locker looking at earlier. Yeah, Him. Please give him a chance. Zane won't hurt me. Others might, but not him. I promise."

I take a deep breath, finishing her hair and make-up as Dagger yells up asking why there's a vampire here.

Stepping out of the room, Lena just behind me, I look down, glaring at him. "If you hurt him, it won't only be me serving you your a$$ on a silver platter, but Lena too."

Zane POV

Waiting for her to come downstairs was nerve racking, especially having 4 bulky werewolves watching me like a hawk. One of the seven there, having already let them know, I hear footsteps behind me, and arms around my waist. Feeling the familiar sparks, I know it was Lena. Turning around I see someone that looks just like her and looks alot like that one girl from earlier today.

"You hurt my sister, Zane, You won't have to worry about her so much as me and the rest of her friends. Not even me that much. They on the other hand, are pretty protective of their Omega. Just warning you. Now, go have fun." She says, meaning it, and making me wonder how she found out my name.

Outside, I stop. Lena looks at me curiously, before she knows what I want. We kiss, then head off to dinner.

*****************

Sitting on a park bench, holding her close, I ask her about herself.

"Let me guess, while you were getting ready, someone was asking you about me. I kinda figured so because my sister, the one who threatened you, did with me." She replies

"Yep, Vlad, my brother. I don't want you in the same room as him without me. Anyway, What's your sister's name, and what did she mean with Omega?"

Her eyes widen."I can't explain the second part, because it's too dangerous here, but I can in another place. My sister's name is Aphrodite. Everyone at home except her are friends of mine. The rest about me is too dangerous to reveal right now. I promise I will tell you, only in a safer place. Anyway, About you?"

"Other than my brother, Vlad, I have one other sibling. Her name is Lilah. My mother is Deidre, and my father, Rouge Soul. Basically I've been waiting until I can leave this stuck up royal life, and waiting until I found my beloved."

"Basically, if you had the chance to leave your sister as second in line to the throne, and leave to go live with your mate, who just so happens to be me, would you?"

"Yes. I hate the way I have to act fake to myself. With you, I can actually be me, and you don't care, actually, I think that's what you prefer, isn't it?"

"I love the real you, Zane Onyx. I understand with the false faces we put on, wishing we could just be true to our selves."

We sit in comfortable silence, only movement coming from me when I moved Lena from beside me to my lap. I then notice her steady breathing. Looking down at my sleeping angel, curled against me, as if I can protect her as she sleeps. (Which I can. And will. I love her too much for anything less.)

"Goodnight, my angel." I whisper.