17- Meeting... Ugh... Nope

Zane POV

 'They send me away to find them a fortune a chest filled with diamonds and gold-'  my phone goes off, waking me up. I answer, not masking my growl and anger at being woken up at fucking one in the damn morning. "What?"

"Little boy, don't growl or snap at me. Anyway, the dreaded yearly Vampire meeting is in an hour. Get here before then." my mother snaps.

"Fine. I was planning on arriving late, just to annoy the living hell out of them, and to silently tell them not to hold these at such unholy hours, especially when I just got to sleep three hours ago." I answer, then hang up, frustrated to no end. 

I go to get up, and her a whimper from my beloved. Looking down I see why. Dang it. 

She opens her baby blues, still rimmed with sleep, and asks "Where are you going? I know you're frustrated, upset, and just plain well fed the fuck up with your family. Where are you going, for the final time? If you're leaving, I'm coming with. Your abilities are still coming in, and I'm the only one who can prevent them from showing themselves. I don't think you want them to find out who your mate actually is that way."

I roll my eyes. "Formal, and not red. There will be leaders and their beloveds at this meeting."

"So I'm going to be the only werewolf?"

"Pretty sure." 

She rolls her eyes, then slips out of my grasp. Walking to the bathroom, my beloved sends me a flirty smile and asks, "Well, are you going to join me?"

I shake my head no, and at her face (that says why not?) I explain, "You'll be sitting on my lap during the meetings, and there's an hour long break every two hours. I plan on half of those breaks being spent with only us, in my room, doing a repeat of what we did earlier, and if I started here, we'd never leave."

"Oh, ok. I'll be waiting, then." My Beloved replies, heading to get a shower. I head towards the closet to get dressed for this horrid meeting.

Five minutes later, My beloved comes out and takes my breath away. Dressed in a simple dark blue dress, blue x-cross heels, or whatever they're called, her hair in a bun with a few strands down, curled into ringlets, a diamond and aquamarine cuff bracelet, and blue diamond drop earrings.  

"So, you like?" she asks, biting her lip. 

I groan, pulling her closer. Placing my thumb on her lip, I pull it away from her teeth. "I love it. Now, please don't bite your lip, my love." Then I catch her lips with mine, only to be interrupted by my mothers' ringtone, then again it's the same for father and Vlad.

I answer rather crankily "What?"

"Is that any way to speak to your father?"

"When I was woke up, then interrupted, yes it is. Why do I even have to be there? It's not like I'm going to be king anyway. I plan on leaving my position to go live with Lena. Just don't tell anyone I said that. I don't want to deal with it right now." I reply, feeling her try to calm me down.

"Alright. You have twenty minutes before people are due to begin arriving. I suggest you two get here early." After a minute, he speaks again, only in a hushed tone, "I know that Lena is The Omega. I'm happy that you found your beloved in such strong girl. I won't tell others who she is, other than your Beloved."

"Thanks, dad."

"No problem. I figured out who she was when her wolf broke through. Knowing her, she's probably been listening in on our conversation, hasn't she?"

"Yes, she has. I thank you for not exposing who I am, because it would put you, Deidre, Lilah, and Vlad in serious shit, with me being me, and Zane's beloved. There are things that need to be explained to you about me and Zane, one of which is extremely important. Once you have been told, you can't say anything to anyone, and yes, we will know. Oh, and Rouge, Zane and I will be there shortly." My Beloved says and smacks my ass when I hang up.