Chapter 13

Someone tapped her shoulder. "It's time to leave. Get ready quickly." Violet opened her eyes to see Colton leaving the room. Her eyes stung from the bright light peeking through the small window. When she was finished getting ready, everyone was already outside waiting.

"How did it go?" Aiden asked Colton.

"She wasn't too freaked out, but I told her mostly everything," Colton replied.

Aiden looked at the entrance of the building. "Well here she comes."

Violet stepped out and stared at all of them. "So what are we doing?"

"The first victim is a girl named Scarlet Adams. The problem is that we don't know where she is. We need Phoebe to help us with the location," Colton said.

"You really told her everything?" Riley asked.

Colton nodded. "She's in to help."

"Phoebe's doing research right now. We can stop by," Aiden said, looking at his phone. "Let's go."

Like last time, they got in the same exact seats except the ride was more awkward. Violet could easily sense their eyes on her and she could tell that they didn't want to trust her. Too bad, she had more questions so the silence had to disappear. "So...Phoebe, what does she do?"

"She helps us with information. Last time we were trying to find a victim, she was able to figure out the location but Victor beat us to it," Colton explained.

"Did you tell her about the Silvers?" Delsin questioned from the back.

"Yeah, he did," Violet answered. "But what are they up to now?"

"The Silvers don't have much skill as far as we know. They're always in third place in the race. In fact, we never even met them. I imagine them as science obsessed freaks," Aiden said.

Delsin mumbled, "Second that."

"This Scarlet chick is something else. We've been trying to track her down for months," said Aiden.

Another question popped into Violet's head. "How do you guys know the names of the victims?"

Aiden yawned and answered, "Silversmith made an entire list of the people he injected. We all have copies of it. Forty names total, thirty-seven found, and three more to go." He chuckled. "Victor wondered why we weren't on the list with the rest of them. We lied and told him Silversmith didn't know our names because we escaped before he found out. He was stupid enough to believe it."

"Your voice is giving me a headache," complained Riley. "It's a shame though. Ace ditched us so now we're only a group of six...which doesn't include you, Violet. The sixth member is on a little road trip right now."

"I know. Colton told me," Violet said with a slightly annoyed tone.

At that same moment, Colton nudged Riley. "Ow," she said. "I wasn't saying anything bad. I'm just upset about Ace. She's risking our lives for the sake of her own. All because what? She wants more to feed on? Disgusting. If they find out her blood color is different, there's going to be a problem." She scowled. "I'm just really glad mine's not nasty and toxic like that. Why the hell would she want to be with them? Is the urge really that strong?"

"Please shut up for once," Aiden groaned. "It's your own voice that's giving you a headache."

Riley laughed at him. "Why? Is it cause you can't handle the mention of her name? Get the over it, lover boy. She's long gone and never coming back."