Chapter 33

The following morning, everyone lightly packed to go on a hunt for a new hiding place, or according to Delsin, a new "man cave."  It was currently six in the morning and everyone appeared dead due to the chaos from yesterday evening which caused their lack of sleep. The seven of them lined the entrance of the abandoned building and gazed at its imperfections with their bags in hand. Violet brought everything she originally packed in her duffel bag and added the oversized shirt and pants Aiden bought her while everyone else carried at least two or more bags.

Delsin sniffled and pouted at the sight of the building. "I'm going to miss this place. All of our best memories were here."

Colette patted his back gently. "There, there. You'll be fine."

"Alright guys, it's time to go," Colton said aloud before walking to the van. "Take one last look before you go."

Delsin blew a kiss towards the building and turned away. "I think I'll leave before I get too emotional."

They laughed and followed him to the van but then dropped their jaws at the sight of the BMW behind it. "Now look what we have here!" Riley exclaimed. "Can I ride it?"

"It's mine," Aiden said boldly as he got closer to the new car while clutching the keys. "And I'm not going to drive with you in it so how about you get back in the van?"

So back in the van they went as Aiden rode solo in the separate car. This time, Riley rode shotgun which left Violet with Em and Delsin and Colette in the back. The windows were opened, inviting in fresh air.

"So how do we find a new place?" Riley asked Colton who hadn't started the van yet.

"I'm thinking we should aim for somewhere unknown in the state. Portland's nice but it's too busy here," he replied loudly. "We'll find one, don't worry."

"We're still staying in Oregon?" Aiden yelled from his car in the front, sticking his head out. "I was hoping to get away."

Riley snorted. "Aren't you tired of traveling?" She added, "How was Los Angeles by the way?"

He rolled his eyes and answered, "It was shitty but at least I didn't see any of your dumb rich friends."

"My dumb rich friends are good friends just fyi."

"They probably don't even miss you," he said with a smirk.

"Says the guy with no friends."

He shrugged and began rolling up his window. "Whatever."

After they started driving for a bit, Colette cleared her throat and asked softly, "Do we have any bags left?"

"They're in my suitcase in the back. Just lean over and grab one," Colton replied.

By "bags" they meant blood bags, which Violet later realized once one was pulled out. She averted her gaze from Colette and focused on the city view outside instead. At least they had bags instead of an actual person, she thought. Her eyes wandered onto the silver car that was now following behind them and almost laughed when she remembered their car ride when Justin Bieber songs soared through the speakers and she couldn't resist the urge to sing along. In the van though, it was always quiet but as of right now, she could hear music coming from the BMW which was slightly vibrating with noise.

"My god! Why is he playing it so loud?" Riley complained. "I'm trying to take a nap after getting barely two hours."

"At least you get the opportunity to nap! Colton has to drive all day," Em hollered over the music. "And this music isn't half bad!"