Chapter 41

The uncontrollable hunger invaded her state of well-being as she sped her way through the streets searching and searching for a fix.

Flashbacks of her childhood flooded her thoughts and all she wanted to do was kill. All trace of humanity slowly depleted from her.

Angry, she ran as fast as she could until she spotted a breathing human. Without hesitation like before, she snapped the girl's neck and allowed herself to drain the remaining life from her body. It was like an adrenaline rush, and she wanted more. Every drop felt like a momentary high except...she didn't want it to end. So, with each street she found more and more victims until there was none left. 

Violet had officially lost herself. 

In a daze, she found herself reaching a telephone booth and dialing Phoebe's number. 

Ring ring

A click. 

"Hello?"

"Where are you? I need to talk to you," Violet said innocently. "It's me-"

"111 Archangel Drive. See you then, Violet." 

Another click and a buzzing silence remained. 

Violet didn't know where she was and how far she needed to travel but oddly, she knew exactly where to go. There was the energy of a thousand suns burning within her and she would not quit until she was satisfied. 

No taxis nor buses were needed. All she relied on were her own two feet to keep moving.

The night was dead silent with only the sound of her shoes pounding the pavement racing down the empty roads.

She first believed she had run away to find Colton but now the realization occurred that it was just an easy excuse for her urge to wander. The core reason for her movement was to escape the past and start a clean slate. Every step leaving her home city was a step away from the old shadows that often lured her back into a dark pit. However, this time, she was no longer running away. 

Violet did not seem to fear anything anymore. 

Instead, she was mad.

So mad that her blood boiled.

It singed into her consciousness to the point of hypnosis where time and fatigue were no longer focused concerns. 

She was sprinting so aggressively, directly into the past and charging at it with vengeance.

...Phoebe.

3 knocks on the front door. 

Her heart was racing but she did not stop to catch a breath. The door creaked open and a head peeked out. 

"How the hell?" Colton stared at Violet with wide eyes. "You're already here?" 

It had only been half an hour compared to the hour long drive her parents forced her in. Her speed had widely improved intensely due to her strong determination for blood. 

Violet did not care that Colton was there as he was only in her way. 

"Where's Phoebe?" she spoke sternly. 

He hesitated to let her in and maintained his station at the door. "What's going on?" The expression on her face appeared unfazed by his concerns. Her eyes looked empty. 

She sighed and forced her way past him. He backed up against a wall and watched in surprise while she stormed her way into Phoebe's living room. 

"My, look who's back," Phoebe muttered under her breath.