Sledgehammer

A/N: I decided to upload this next chapter for you guys. Even though it's not a lot I'm happy with the support you've given me! Please keep it up; don't forget to vote and follow, and comment a lot I love when y'all do that lol

I lie down on the reclined wooden lounge chair, slipped my sunglasses onto my face and began to relax. I felt good and for the first time in a while I didn't feel like I needed to smoke or snort something to amplify the feeling. These past three weeks of rehab were really starting to pay off. I exhaled slowly and felt the sun's rays warm my skin.

My ears perked up at the sound of footsteps approaching. The area was reserved for Robyn Rihanna Fenty and me only. Who the hell was this? I begrudgingly took off my sunglasses as I felt the footsteps come to a halt beside me.

"Hi, sorry, I'm um looking for Chris Brown, my boyfriend."

"Do I look like the receptionist, hunny?" My eyes were closed and I refused to acknowledge the person standing before me. Lately I'd been annoyed and today wasn't an exception.

"Well it's just that when he called me in for my visit he told me he'd be at this spot. He said he reserved this pool for himself."

I chuckled to myself. This wasn't the first time somebody at the resort had pulled a switcharoo on one of their visitors. I knew what he was up to. Her boyfriend had tricked the staff into thinking he had reserved my pool so that he could run away unnoticed and probably use somewhere. Shame.

I decided I'd save the stranger some time and let her know the situation myself. I opened up my eyes and was met with a full figure hovering before me.

"Nicki Minaj, eh?" I smirked.

She gave me a small smile. "And you're Rihanna."

"Fancy seeing you here, given the circumstances." I looked at her. I told her what Chris had probably done and she gave me a small nod before thanking me and walking away.

I'd met Chris a couple of times while working in the music industry. We actually collaborated once and had a few rumors about a romance, none of which were true. The both of us were around the same age and grew up in music, but I never really had much of an interest in him. He was a brat and not above average. His singing, however, was pretty good though. He still wasn't my kind of guy.

Too plain, too much of a jerk, and too snotty. Chris was into cocaine. He had started before me, just three years after becoming famous. It wasn't a secret; everyone in the music world knew and he spent a lot of money on his habits. He was so many years into it, nearly a decade, that it would be hard for him to recover without relapsing a few times.

I was surprised to see that Nicki was dating him. I hadn't been keeping up with Hollywood's most recent rumors, but it still came off as shocking to see that they were together. She was far too pretty to be with him. He was always in the news for doing some dumb shit, too.

Not like I haven't had my share of participating in stupid stuff but at least I made sure I didn't get caught all the time. The guy was a joke.

Whatever, her problem, not mine. I shrugged my shoulders and put my sunglasses back on. I had more important things to think about.

****

A couple of days later

I pushed the "stop" button on the machine before putting my hands above my head and breathing in and out slowly. I had been running on the treadmill lately and working out more in the gym. One thing I learned while being in here about myself from my counselor was that I could cope with my addiction by keeping myself busy, especially my hands. Whenever I felt that familiar itch or tickle in my palm, I'd pick up a blunt or snort a line. I began to replace those actions with exercising, swimming, singing, writing, basically anything I could do as a substitute.