Only

A/N: don't forget to vote and comment please!

Recovery, Week 4

She placed the folded bag on top of the counter, scooting it towards me with a smirk on her face.

"I had to sneak it in, but I know you'd like it."

My eyes became wide and my throat dry. "N-Nicki, is, is that what I think it is?"

"Yeah, I figured you'd want it since its been a while. I know you miss it." Her eyes twinkled and her big toothy grin let me know she was proud of herself. I searched for a sign in her eyes, something to tell me she was joking. She couldn't have really brought drugs with her.

"Come on, just try it. You know you want to." She sang.

I felt like vomiting. I ran straight towards the bathroom and lifted up the toilet bowl. I felt Nicki's small footsteps trying to keep up behind me, but I had already shut the door.

It flew wide open as soon as I was about to empty my stomach contents into the toilet. "Robyn? Are you okay? Look, I'm sorry, I didn't know you were allergic otherwise I would have never brought the flying fish!" She looked genuinely scared. In her left hand she held the white paper bag which had grease stains on the bottom. I couldn't believe it. I was so panicked and all she had done was brought me food. Bless her soul. The ridiculousness of the situation made me start to chuckle, then howl with laughter.

Slowly, I got up, still laughing and clutching my ribs. "T-there's flying fish in that bag?" I pointed.

"Yes!" She exclaimed, opening it up. The aroma of the bag's contents filled my nose. It smelled so good.

"Damn, where'd you get this?" I licked my lips.

"You forget I'm from the Islands, too? I know how to cook. But wait a second, what just happened?" She furrowed her brows.

"Wait, wait a second," she began, narrowing her eyes and waving a finger in the air, "did you think I brought drugs, Robyn?" She whispered the last part.

I smiled before grabbing the bag. "Let's eat." I took the two takeout boxes from the bag and placed them on the table while Nicki still stood in the same spot with her mouth agape.

"Okay your loss," I threw up my hands and then dug my fork into her takeout box.

"Oh hell no!" Nicki exclaimed, rushing over.

I laughed, I knew that would get her.

******

"You been talking to Chris lately?" I turned my head towards her and shoved more popcorn in my mouth.

She hummed and shook her head no.

"We're done. He's apparently with some new bitch." She said casually.

"Damn." I muttered at her choice of words.

"Well when you're hurt, you're hurt." She sighed. It had been almost a week since Chris' impromptu checkout, and Nicki had been visiting me frequently. She wasn't allowed to stay as long as she was but we bent some rules, wrote a couple checks and made it work.

Through our movie marathon, she told me about how Chris was now with Karreuche and she hadn't had any sort of contact with him. He just dropped her like that. No apology, no goodbye, nothing. He was already on 106 & Park talking about getting out of rehab and holding hands and kissing his new girl on camera. My room had cable, so she made me turn on the episode and watch with her.

By the end of the show, her eyes were pink. "You okay, Nic?" I put a hesitant hand on her shoulder.

She fell into my lap but didn't cry. She just laid there, looking up at the ceiling. "I'm okay. Just in deep thought." She sighed.