Shut Up and Drive!

A/N: I said I needed 60 comments to upload this next part and I got a little over 70 total from the two parts I published that I promised you all so this is the next part! I need another 60 comments on this chapter if you want that next update, so comment guys. Hope you like it.

"I'm ready," was all I said as myself, Mel, the producers, record label, and other team members sat around the large round table. We were here for a meeting that I made my assistant schedule. I told them that I had something to announce, and this was it.

Everybody clapped and whooped.

"All right! Rihanna is officially back in business!" Russell Simmons, one of Def Jam's founders, cheered.

"Okay, bad girl, when can we work?" He asked.

"Now." I said.

"You got somethin' in mind?" He questioned as we stood up and entered the studio. Other producers, executives, and staff members gathered around the listening booth as I entered the recording room.

"Yeah. Throw down a track or sum, keep up man." I pulled the headphones over my head and cleared my throat.

"Testing, testing, we good, Rih? Can you hear it?" Rus said, pressing down the microphone from his side of the booth while he talked.

"Yeah, I can hear the beat just fine." I nodded, taking a pull of the blunt I pulled from my back pocket.

"Robyn!" Mel scolded me.

"Its just weed, Mel. I'm not a junkie anymore. Besides, its natural, it comes from the earth. Stop trippin'." I responded.

"Okay, lets go, three, two, one..." Rus counted.

The beat restarted and filled my ears with sound. I nodded my head and took another quick hit of the  blunt and began to sing.

"I was good on my own, that's the way it was, that's the way it was

You was good on the low for a faded fuck, on some faded love

Shit, what the fuck you complaining for?

Feeling jaded, huh?

Used to trip off that shit I was kickin' to you

Had some fun on the run though I give it to you,"

I finished the rest of the song, eyes low, and took the headphones off.

I looked up at everyone on the other side of the booth through the glass wall separating us. They were all mouthing something.

"What?" I was confused, then I realized I needed the headphones to hear them.

"That was great, Rih!" He shouted, full of excitement.

"Damn, nigga!" I jumped at the volume of his voice.

"Okay, lets run it through a couple more times!" He announced to everyone.

"I have one request." I said. He raised his eyebrows.

"Get DJ Mustard in here!" I cheesed.

****

The Music Video Set, 6 Hours Later

"How you been?"

"Hey, Robyn. Why you asking me that like I haven't seen you in forever?" She laughed.

"I don't know, I just care is all. And it has been forever, fuck you mean!" I argued.

"New hair, I see. You look pretty." Nicki said dreamily. I just shrugged in response.