Chapter 10

Emma's POV

I busted my ass all week, and I was able to catch two more jumpers, getting enough money to pay rent, and a little spending money for both Killian and me. I would slip him some money when he wasn't looking. I had told him about the date that I had with Neal, too. He was very supportive, telling me that it was good that I was putting myself out there in the dating world again, but I noticed a look in his eyes. Maybe I could try to set him up on a blind date.

I was currently getting ready for my date with Neal. I decided on wearing a gray, almost black dress that ended just below my knee. It had glitter and sequins on it. My hair was pinned on the top of my head, with curls framing my face. My makeup was natural, but my eyeshadow was a smokey eye. There was a knock at the door just as I was slipping my shoes on.

"Killian! Can you get that?" I yelled out.

"Aye!" Was all I heard. The voices were muffled through my closed bedroom door.

I stared at myself in the mirror. Was this good enough? Was it too fancy? I was getting worked up and I didn't want to carry any stress with me, or else I would be short tempered for the rest of the night. I opened my bedroom door and swiped my clutch of my dresser before I shut the door again. Killian turned to me and looked at me with a stunned look on his face. "Swan, you look amazing." I blushed and walked to the door. I kissed his cheek and stood in front of Neal, right beside Killian.

"Thank you," I giggled. "I'll be back before eleven."

Killian nodded and I walked out beside Neal. "You look really hot," Neal said.

"Thank you."

"You might be a little overdressed though."

"What do you mean?"

"I really wasn't planning anywhere fancy for our date tonight."

'Is he serious? Did he plan to take me to McDonald's or something?' "Where were we going?"

"To a bar that's closer to my house. Is that okay?"

I faked a smile. 'Someone isn't getting a second date.' "That's fine."

We got out to his car, and he got in on the driver's side first. One thing that Graham did when we went out on a date was open and close the door for me. At least in that subject, Graham was a gentleman. I took my hair out of it's fancy up-do and Neal drove to the bar that was quite a distance away from my apartment. He let me get out on my own again, and I resisted the urge to slam the door shut. He held the door open for me, and we walked in.

I swear, I almost walked right out again. The bar wasn't just a bar. It was also a strip club.

Neal led me to a table away from the stage, but I figured that as soon as he left me alone, I was making a break for it and calling Killian to come and pick me up. "We might have to slip into the bathroom. God, you are so sexy," he whispered in my ear, while placing his hand on my thigh.

I rolled my eyes. 'Great. Another guy like this.'

Neal had sat with me for an hour before getting up to use the bathroom. The only thing he had ordered were drinks that I hadn't even touched. As soon as I saw him disappear into the men's room, I grabbed my clutch and made a mad dash for the exit. I walked a few blocks away so if Neal decided to chase after me, he wouldn't be able to find me. I grabbed my phone and started walking back to the apartment.

"What does the beautiful Emma Swan need at an hour like this?" Killian asked when he picked up.

"Cut the crap," I spat. "I need you to come and get me."

"What's wrong?" He asked, suddenly more alert.

"This bastard thinks it's a good idea to take a girl out to a strip club." The line was silent for a minute, and I actually thought that Killian had hung up. "Are you still there?"

"Aye." I could tell he was talking through clenched teeth. "Where are you?"

I looked around, and I saw a mini mart. "Uh, Joe and John's Mini Mart."

"I know exactly where that is. Wait there, and don't you dare hang up."

"I won't." I leaned against the side of the mini mart and hid in the darkness. If I was out in the open, I would be more of a target to getting attacked. "What's wrong with me, Killian? Am I some sort of magnet that only attracts terrible men? Or do I have invisible marker that is only visible to terrible men that says, "you can break my heart and I won't give a shit!"?"

"Nothing is wrong with you, Emma. You have to believe me when I tell you that." I heard the car skid across the road in the background.

"Then why can't I find a decent guy?"

"If true love was easy, we'd all have it."

"There's nothing such as true love."

"I used to think that too, but all it takes is meeting the right person, and everything changed."

I sighed. "Maybe I should try just being single for the rest of my life. Dating is too hard. A guy will either be a complete gentleman at first, but then cheat on you, or a guy who is charming but is actually an ass."

"You're missing one. A guy can also be a man, and be a gentleman through it all. A respectful and kind person. Although they are rare, they are still out there."

"Where is the one for me?"

A second later, a car pulled up in front of me. The window rolled down and I saw Killian in the driver's side. He got out and led me to the passenger's side and opened the door for me. He shut it and ran back to his side. "He might be closer than you think."