Chp.7

The next day the weather did not match my mood. It was bright and sunny with birds chirping and I felt like a hurricane was whirling inside of me. I slipped on some skinny jeans and a tank top, and hopped out if the trailer to pack up.

I knew I was a mess. I knew I wasn't pretty. I knew I wasn't good enough. I knew I had blown a chance I shouldn't have took for granted. I felt like the biggest screw up in the world but I knew there was no going back. I knew I couldn't go back.

    "Look who's already leaving!" A girl called out. I rolled my eyes as I turned around, quickly spotting her. It was who she was with that caught me off guard. My eyes widened and my jaw slackened. Hunters arm was draped over her shoulders. Wow he moves on fast. He didn't make eye contact and I dropped mine to working on cleaning the saddle.

I put some hay in Trixy's hay net but that wasn't the reason I was in here. I snuggled into her neck. Almost instantly she wrapped her head around me so it was on my back, nipping at my shirt. I smiled and giggled when she rubbed her head up and down my back.

   "See, who needs a boy when you have a horse?" I whispered to myself. She whinnied, making me laugh. "Thank you girl." I whispered before walking out. My neck was throbbing with no doubt a bruise. I brushed my fingers over the area, wincing at the tender skin.

I heard laughing when I went to the side of my truck. Turning around, it was the bull riders with some of the barrel racing girls whispering, pointing at me, then laughing. I saw the familiar dusty blonde hair. Great.

   "Idiots." I mumbled. They laughed at me again but instead of whispering the mean comments they said them. I got fed up and whipped around, my hair smacking me in the face. "Don't y'all have something better to do?" I asked.

   "Its more fun to bother you." One girl said. By now all there eyes were on me including Hunter's. I hated this group. They weren't made up of all the riders, just some of the snobby ones. They picked on others but I guess I was just an easier target.

    "Y'all act like 12 year olds." I said. My face was set hard and I could feel my fist balling up. They continued to snicker and throw comments around but my gaze was locked on those familiar eyes. His face was set hard but his eyes were the saddest I've seen them. I let out a sigh, rolled my eyes, and hopped in my truck.

I was nearly to Wyoming when I got a call from gran.

"So how'd it go?" She asked curiously. I let out a scoff.

"I'm halfway to Wyoming with a horse." I grumbled, checking my mirrors before moving into another lane.

"So I'm guessing not good." She said knowingly. I nodded but remembered she couldn't see me.

"He texted me saying he didn't wanna talk anymore." I sighed.

"And what did you say to make him not want to talk to you?" She asked. I huffed. Of course she would know I would've said something. Sometimes I wonder if she knows me better than I know myself.

"What I normally do. I pushed him away. I didn't want him to get hurt." I murmured. I could hear her sigh.

"Have you seen him since then?" She asked. I nodded but, again, remembered she couldn't see me.

"Yes but apparently he moves around pretty fast cause he already has some bimbo." I grumbled, jealousy laced in my voice.

"Yikes. Well maybe he's just not worth your time. Remember honey, everything happens for a reason. Anywho, I just wanted to check up on ya. Love you sweetie."

"Love you too." I said before hanging up with a heavy sigh.

    She was wright. I've come this far by myself. I've been stomped on by plenty of other guys but for some reason I'm stuck up on Hunter. I just need to get over it and deal with the fact that it's just not gonna happen. He doesn't know the extent of everything or how much I had to deal with. He doesn't know shit. I had to forget about him before I hurt both of us more.