Chp.17

I slipped on a light blue sweater, faded jeans, and white socks before walking downstairs. "Good morning." I said as I poured myself a cup of coffee.

"Morning, baby girl." Gran said as she pecked my cheek.

      "Where's the boys?" I asked, looking around.

      "Said they had to talk." Gran lowered her voice to sound like gramps. I laughed.

"Well, tomorrow's Christmas Eve. Are we going to make something?" I asked as I sat down at the breakfast bar.

     "I think we should have burgers and chips." Gran said. She never really liked having to make an extravagant meal. We always made something simple and easy to avoid the hassle, saying we'd rather spend more quality time then time cooking.

"Could you make your pie for dessert?" I asked. That was the one traditional thing we made.

     "Of course." She exclaimed. The back door opened and shut as the boys walked inside.

"Are your parents coming tonight?" I asked Hunter. He nodded, before kissing my cheek.

     "That reminds me, we're a bedroom short." He said nervously. I caught on to what he was saying and laughed.

      "We're adults Hunter, it's fine." I said through fits of laughter. He let out a long breath. We had been sleeping together for a couple months but decided it would be best to sleep separately while our family was here. He was hoping I'd play it off.

   "Don't worry about it son, we trust you." Gramps said as he playfully punched him in the shoulder.

Four hours later a knock sounded at the door. I opened it and was surprised when three kids ran passed me before turning to look at the man and woman.

"Hi, you must be hunters parents." I said as I gave them a warming smile and motioned them inside and away from the snow.

"Yes, you must be Amelia. I'm bill and this is my wife, belle." He said as he stuck his hand out. He voice was cold and sharp, nothing like his son's. He had his blonde hair in a flat top hairstyle and he was muscular like his son. His green eyes were on high alert. I could tell then, he didn't like me. By the way he talked and held himself stiffly I knew I wasn't exactly welcomed. Belle on the other hand was a brown haired beautiful woman with crisp blue eyes.

   "Hi, honey!" She exclaimed as she hugged me. I smiled awkwardly, wishing someone would come and help me with these people.

"Hunter!" I yelled, hoping he wouldn't leave me alone at this moment. He came out with three kids around him. Thank the Lord.

"These are my other kids, that's Lily, Mark, and Mat." She pointed to a blonde haired little girl, a brown haired boy, and a dusty blonde haired boy.

"Lily and Mark are 6, there twins and Mat is 4." Belle said. I smiled at the kids.

   "Are you gonna be Hunter's wife?" Lily asked. I smiled and looked up at Hunter who ducked his head in embarrassment. I squatted down in front of her.

   "You should ask your brother that question." I said with a smile as I glanced up at a blushing Hunter. She started playing with my hair.

"Do you wanna play barbies?" She squealed. I chuckled and stood up, standing beside Hunter who leaned down and placed a quick kiss on my cheek.

     "Sure." I said. Her face lit up as she let out a squeal.

"Do ya wanna play Legos with us too?" Mark said as he came next to Lily.