Chp.10

I slammed the door and fell onto the tiny couch, crying once again over a stupid boy. I've cried more in the past couple days then I have in years! I've gone soft. Ugh, I need to call gran. It was 10:00 and I knew I'd be waking her up but I needed her right now.

"Hello?" Her voice sounded slightly groggy.

"I waited too long to say something to him and now he has a girlfriend and I got my hopes up." I rambled out.

"Oh dear." She sighed.

"I thought we were on better terms. Dad tried to mess with me again and he helped me and he said he was sorry and I said I was sorry and then he drops the girlfriend bomb. I'm going to be a crazy old cat lady with a bunch of rodeo buckles." I mumbled. She let out a chuckle. I buried my head into my hands and let out a sigh.

"I'm sorry sweetie." She said.

"Me too. I'm sorry for waking you up. Love you."

"Love you too." She said before hanging up.

I sighed and tried to calm myself down. Cash came over and started licking the tears from my cheeks, making me giggle. "The only thing I need right now is a bath." I said getting up.

After I changed into sweatpants and a t-shirt, I crawled into bed next to cash. He snuggled into the far corner, buried halfway by a blanket I got for him. He was so adorable.

I woke up and went to packing up my camp. After feeding Trixy and packing up the tack, I put cash in the front seat and walked to my side but stopped. On my door was Hunter and some blonde making out. My heart dropped to my boot and I was frozen in place. He knew my truck. He knew my trailer. So why in the hell would he make out on it?! Anger replaced the shock I felt and I wanted nothing more than to slap them both silly. I cleared my throat and they both turned to me.

"Uh...can I get in my car without being slobbered on?" I asked, shooting them a deadly look.

"Sorry." The girl said as she pulled Hunter by his shirt. He and I made eye contact. I shot him a disgusted look pulled away and to my truck. I opened the door when I realized I was truly alone. No family, no boys, only my animals. Guess I wasn't really alone. They just can't talk. All of a sudden I remembered the note with the scribbled number. Molly! I need to call her. I whipped out my phone and called her number.

"Who's this?" She asked.

"Hey Molly, it's Amelia!" I chirped.

"Oh hey!"

"Why haven't I've seen you at the rodeos?" I asked.

"Well, my horse is lame and my parents kicked me out so....." she trailed off.

"Oh my, well I need to ask you a question. " I mumbled.

"What?"

"Okay, so will you ride the road with me? I need a friend and it would be awesome to have someone to talk to and goof around with not to mention the extra help. Living space is tight though. We'd have to share a bed. It's completely up to you." I asked.

"OMG! Yes! I'd love to travel with you!" She squealed.

"Okay, my next rodeos a week away so I have time to come and pick you up!" I exclaimed.

"Okay, I'm in Nevada. I'm actually living out of my car, but I can drop it off at my parents and meet you somewhere" she said.

"Okay, what's the town?" I asked, pulling a piece of paper and pen out.

"Halifax"

"Im only like two days away from there so why don't I meet you somewhere on Friday?" I asked.

"Okay, how about Applebee's parking lot at 3:00?" She questioned.

Sweet! See you then!" I smiled.

"Kk bye" she chirped.

"Bye"

I squealed at the thought of being on the road with someone. Putting the gear into drive, I pulled out of the rodeo. I knew we didn't know each other much but I needed someone. I never thought I'd admit to it but I did. Especially with all this Hunter crap going on.

~Friday~

I pulled into the Applebee's parking lot where an excited Molly and pink duffle bag sat. Putting cash in the back, I unlocked the door. "Oh my gosh! I'm so happy!" She squealed as she hugged me.

"I know, it'll be nice to have a friend." I said.

For the next hour and a half we listened to the country radio as I told her my life story straight up to the minute she got in the truck. I knew she could be trusted. And even if she couldn't we'd be living together for a while so I didn't really have a choice.

"Girl, you've been through some tough spots." She said.

" I'm glad I could vent to you." I said, as I pulled into a rest stop.

"What are you doing?" She asked, looking around confused.

"Pulling over so I can sleep." I motioned around.

"You have me! I'll drive! Where are we going?" She practically squealed.

"Boseman, Montana." I replied.

"Okay." She said as we hopped out and switched seats.

"Now, sleep." She motioned her hand over my head like she was casting a spell. I laughed and shut my eyes as she turned down the music.