Chp.8

-1 day later-
                    I was warming up Trixy in the warm up ring. We were going at a straight gallop when she bucked, sending me flying over her head. I landed on my back, the wind was knocked out of me. Laughing came from the group but there was a couple 'are you okay?'. I quickly got up and dusted myself, trying to catch my breath and get Trixy. She never usually did this so I had to check her out. After I grabbed her reins, I led her to the outside of the ring. I felt her over and nothing seemed to be wrong. I checked her mouth. The bit was rubbing an area of her mouth that was a light shade of red. She always through a fit if the bit would rub her wrong. I sighed and led her back to my trailer.

        After un tacking her, feeding, and putting her up for the night, I went in search of food. I walked around until I found a place with ribs. Grabbing me three and a sweet tea, I went and sat down. Not two minutes later, the stupid group that bothered me before I left, including Hunter, sat down.

"Wow, she's here." They laughed. I rolled my eyes at them. I sighed and silently ate my ribs, not daring to look up.

"So, how long are you going to stay here?" Some girl asked. I completely ignored her and took a swig of my sweet tea. "Hello? Are you deaf or something?" She asked.

"Nope." I answered as I bit into another rib. I glanced over all of them, everyone's eyes on me.

    "Aw, are you going to go cry to mama?" A guy asked. I looked up to see who it was, he was sitting right next to Hunter. I scowled and looked back at my plate. "Are does mama not care?" He asked. I tensed and sent an accusing look to Hunter. They laughed at my uncomfortableness. I swear, the rodeo is like high school all over again. I kept my focus on eating.

I heard whispering. All of a sudden I felt something cold get dumped on my head. I jumped up and shivered at the ice racing down my shirt. Some blonde stood with an empty cup in her hand, smirking. Laughter erupted from the group as I swiped the tear from my eyes along with some tears. Anger raced through me and before I knew it I grabbed my tea and threw it, covering her and two guys behind her. I made eye contact with Hunter before shaking my head and stomping back to my trailer.

     After I took my shower, I slipped on some sweatpants and a tank top. I turned out the lights and was ready to get in bed when I heard a knock on the door. I opened it and on the steps, was a puppy. It was a jack russell and fat. I couldn't help the smile that blossomed on my face. A red collar with a note attached was around his neck and a humongous bag of dog food sat on the ground next to it.

"Aw, you poor little thing." I said as I knelt down and picked it up. I looked around, no one. I picked up the bag and walked inside. It kept licking my face as I tried to read the note.

     Thought it could use a friend.
                                                 ~secret admirer

        I smiled at the puppy, scratching behind its ears as it wagged it's tail.