Chp.12

I stretched and crawled out of bed to get dressed. I slipped on my jeans, turquoise show shirt, belt with my favorite buckle, and black show boots. I wen to braid my hair but Molly stopped me.

     "No, I'm going to do your hair." She mumbled as she took my brush. She started at the crown of my head and soon I had what she called a French braid on my head. "I'm going to saddle Trixy, get dressed." I said as I hopped out of the trailer.

   As soon as I finished tacking up Trixy, Molly hopped out. She was wearing a pale yellow sundress that brought out her eyes and her worn, brown boots. Her hair swung freely as my cowboy hat kept the sun out of her eyes. "Do you mind if I borrow your hat?" She said as she ran her finger along the brim. "Nope, I'm gonna go warm up. You can go get a seat." I said as I launched myself into the saddle.

    I leaned over and whispered," look out for that stupid blonde you've seen her around." She nodded. "I know what she looks like, anything sketchy and I'll take a picture." She whispered as she patted Trixy's neck. Last night we figured his girlfriend had to be a little buckle bunny. I didn't want to hurt Hunter but I didn't want him to get hurt either.

    "Now good luck." She said.

    "Up next on Trixy, Amelia Campbell!" The announcer said.

    "Get." I whispered and we were off. Everything went great except Trixy tripped during the home stretch. My heart jumped into my throat. I hate when she trips. After I cooled her down I hopped off just to be tackled by someone.

    "You did great!" Molly squealed as she hugged me.

     "Yeah, I hope Trixy isn't hurt or anything." I said feeling her front legs. Normally her trips don't hurt anything but she did hurt herself and it cost a mighty hefty vet bill.

      Molly whispered to me," I've got pictures you're not going to believe." I raised an eyebrow before she shoved her phone into my hands. The girl was making out with Molly's ex under the stands.

    I gasped and covered my mouth. "I'v got to talk to Hunter." I said grabbing her phone and sent the picture to me. We walked back to the trailer.

    I grabbed my phone and walked over. I really didn't wanna do this but I wanted to protect him. I don't know why because of all the pain he's caused but I do. I knocked on the door. Luckily, he opened it. "Can I talk to you alone?" I asked, looking around.

    "Yeah, what's up?" He said, stepping out of his trailer. I missed him. He stood leisurely, his hands in his pockets. His shirt was unbuttoned just enough to see a chain laying on his tan chest. My heart picked up but I shook my head from the trance. I brought the picture up on my phone and he leaned over my shoulder. It was the stupid blonde and the so called Travis making out under the bleachers. I winced at the picture, hearing his breathing pick up before he stepped away from me.

     "When'd you get that?" He asked, angrily. I looked into his eyes just in time to see them darken.

    "Today."'I said, not mentioning Molly in it. I didn't want her to get sucked into this. This was my idea and my fight.

    "You photoshopped that. You're lying." He said angrily towards me. I furrowed my eyebrows and gave him a shocked look.

     "What? Now why in the world would I do that?." I said backing away. He took steps toward me. Fear started to grow in me but I knew he would never hurt me. Physically at least.

    "No you don't understand." He stepped towards me, his voice raising. I pushed my back against his trailer. "She loves me! You want to pull us apart." He was now yelling at me. I flinched as he raised his hand to point to the door. He saw and immediately backed off, his fighting stance dropped and his eyes softened. I didn't like the look of pity he gave me.