Chapter 4

The Next Day

MARIA'S POV:

Well, yesterday was.. definitely something. Not a good something, but not a bad one either. Today was my 2nd day at this new school. Me being me and trying to fit in, I wore a grey flowy top along with some light blue distressed jeans followed by my grey vans. You all know how my morning goes, so let's just skip to school. I was at my locker getting my books.

"Maria~!" Quinn said with a smile on her face as she walked over.

"So, there's this party this weekend and I was told to invite anyone I can, so would you like to come?" she asked with a hopeful smile.

A party? I've never been invited to one before.. At least until now, but I don't even know who's it is!

"That depends.. Who's party is it?" I asked.

"You don't know him, but his name is Ryder. He's one of the most popular guys at this school and he throws the best parties!" Quinn exclaimed. "So, what do you say? Do you wanna go?!" she asked, that hopeful smile still displayed on her face.

"I-I don't know," I replied in a soft tone. "I don't think I do very good with—" I paused. "Parties." I finished.

"Have you ever been to one before?" she asked as I shook my head.

"You haven't?! Then you definitely have to go!" she replied. "Come onnnnn," she said.

"You should definitely go," a guy with jet black hair and blue eyes said.

"I'm Ryder by the way," he introduced himself with a smile. Dang was this guy cute. "I'm also personally inviting you to my party now." Ryder said with a smile.

"Er, uh— I'm Maria," I introduced myself as well. "And, I guess I'll have to see." I replied.

"Well, alright. I hope to see you there," the jet black haired male said with a cute side smile before walking away.

When Ryder walked away Quinn started speaking again.

"Sooo? Also, if you go.. It'll be a great opportunity to meet new people!" she said with a small smile.

I did need to make some more new friends..

"Fine, I'll go." I replied with a small chuckle as Quinn squealed in excitement hugging me. "Yaaaay!! We should totally go shopping before the party!" she said excitedly.

"I mean, I guess we could." I replied with a small chuckle.

"Yay! How does Friday after school sound?" she asked with a bright smile.

"Sounds good to me." I replied.

"Okay, Friday it is then! I'll see you later Mari!" Quinn said with a happy smile before heading to class.

I guess Mari is my new nickname. After I got my books I headed to my class, psychology. Psychology was honestly an interesting subject, it studies the mind and behavior of people. At one point, the class was really quiet. At another point, the class was really loud talking about Ryder's upcoming party.

After psychology, I headed towards Quinn who was with Hunter.

"Hey, are you going to Ryder's party?" Hunter asked me.

"I—" I was cut off by Quinn. "She sure is!" she replied. "We're gonna go shopping on Friday before the party~!!" she said excitedly. You can even tell just by looking at her face how excited she was.

"You're going shopping with Quinn?" he asked as I nodded.

"Good luck with that, when it comes to parties.. Quinn— she REALLY dresses for parties." he replied.

"Well, I can't help it. I just love parties!" Quinn said with an excited smile.

"I can't wait to see what Quinn has in store for you at the party," Hunter winked.

"And I can't wait for school to be over so I no longer have to see your f-ckboy face." I replied with a smile.

"Feisty, I like it." he chuckled. "But, you know you secretly like me." he smirked.

"Ha, you wish." I replied followed by a small laugh.

"I don't need to wish, it's no secret Maria." Hunter replied, his arms crossed as he still had on that smirk.

This guy.. He's really getting on my nerves. I hate this guy SO much.

"But, hey. Since you're here I can finally ask, would you like to be my date to the party?" he asked.

I couldn't tell if he was just messing with me or he actually meant it. He stood there waiting for my answer while I stood there as well deciding whether to say 'yes' or 'no, bye f-ckboy!' and just walk away with a sassy hair flip.

Let's see what happened within two days, I was rudely asked to move, made a new friend named Quinn, the person that asked me rudely to move was suddenly being nice, I was invited to a party by Quinn and the host himself, and I'm going shopping with Quinn this Friday, then the following day a party.

This was all happening so fast, and I was just here for two days.

• - • - • - • - •
A/N: What are you hoping Maria says to Hunter's request?? Comment below!(: if not, just please tell me what you thought of this chapter. Thank you guys so much for reading this chapter! I hope you guys enjoyed!(: Please feel free to vote and comment <3 buhbai, I luh you guys!! :*