Chapter 62 ( LAST CHAPTER )

MARIA'S POV:

It was a week until the day of our graduation, if I'm gonna be honest.. this year seemed to be moving fast. Maybe because it was a great year for me? I mean, I met amazing people & I have such a wonderful boyfriend as well who supports me through anything and always cares for me. I'm truly grateful for all these people in my life.

"Maria! Are you ready for finals this week?" Rose questioned.

"Ready to fail and not graduate? Yes." I reply.

"Oh, come on! Don't be so negative! You're really smart, I bet you'll do great on your finals in all of your classes." she replied cheerfully.

"Honestly, I'm just freaked out about not graduating at the same time as the others." I responded with my lips pursed as I looked down at the ground uncomfortably.

I heard footsteps approaching me, and then all of a sudden I felt a soft slap behind me head and looked only to see it was Rose doing that.

"Hey now, stop thinking that." she said in a soft tone. "Be positive!" she exclaimed joyously. "Hey you, tell her she'll be fine." she added as I looked behind me only to notice Hunter.

"You'll be fine," Hunter said. "I know you'll do great, so stop worrying about it. Also, when taking any tests try not to overthink the answer." he added practically giving me advice.

"Thank you." I replied with a nod.

"No need. And also, if you get a bit nervous, just look at me from across the room and I'll cheer ya on." he laughed softly and ended it with his oh so cute half smile.

"If you actually cheered me on, I think you'd be sent out the room." I replied with a laugh. "I think a thumbs up will do." I added.

"Well, if that's what you'd want instead then alright." he replied, the same half smile still resting on his lips.

"Ahh, you guys are just too cute!" Rose fangirled along with hand motions and a smile.

"We know," I chuckled. "You & Jack are cute too." I added with a smile.

"Speaking of Jack, where is that guy? I haven't seen him around yet." Hunter mentioned.

"You weren't with him earlier?" she questioned.

"Nope, I was only with Kyle." he replied.

"I'll text him right no--" she paused as she checked her phone. "Ohh, he said he overslept and will be here in 5 minutes." she said.

"The bell rings in 5, 4, 3, 2.." I counted as the bell started ringing.

"Nice timing." Hunter commented.

"Thank you." I replied with a smile.

"You guys go on ahead, I don't want you to be late to class. I'll wait for Jack," Rose replied.

"You sure? If you want we--" she cut me off.

"Mhm, thanks for your offer though." she replied cheerfully with a smile.

"Aight, we'll see you guys later then." Hunter replied before intertwining his hands in mine and walking with me to class.

Hand holding. The most innocent part of a relationship I seem to always crave most, as much as his forehead kisses. When we reached the front of our first period, we just stood there for a bit as he talked to me.

"Before we head in to take our finals, I just wanna say good luck & you can do it. Don't doubt yourself, okay?" he said.

I nodded, "Thank you, good luck to you too, and okay, I won't." I replied looking up at him with a smile.