Chapter 41

If she's upset about something, why not try to cheer her up with some ice cream and a romcom movie? Though, I'm hoping by the time I arrive there that Quinn is gone. Because she might not let me anywhere near her in the state that she is currently in.

Once I got to the store, I bought a bucket of green tea ice cream. I remembered from the time we went to ice cream parlor that if we ever went again she'd get green tea next time. I also bought a romcom movie called, "Crazy Beautiful You" it looked nice on the cover.

When I had everything, I paid for it all at the self-checkout and started heading to Maria's house in less then 15 minutes. I headed to the front door and rung the doorbell waiting for someone to answer the door.

I heard the door about to open and held the ice cream and movie in hand, it was her Mom.

"Oh, Hunter nice of you to drop by!" she greeted with a smile while opening the door wide open. "Come on in," she added.

I walked inside. "Where's Maria?" I asked.

"Oh, my poor baby. She's upstairs in her room, she hasn't been feeling to well since she left school." her Mom replied.

"Is anyone up there with her?" I asked.

"No, her friend-- Quinn I think just dropped her off." she replied.

"May I go up and see her?" I asked.

"Well, considering you brought ice cream and a movie for her I don't why not." she replied. "Her room is first door on the left."

"Thank you," I replied with a small smile I headed upstairs until...

"Wait," her Mom said going into the kitchen to get something, a spoon.

"Oh, right. Thank you Ms. Anne." I replied now actually heading upstairs.

First door on the... left. I knocked.

"Mom, I'm fine. I just wanna be alone for now." Maria said, I just opened the door.

"Hey," I said closing the door behind me and walking over to her. "I heard you were upset about something, so I brought you some ice cream and a movie for us to watch." I added handing her the spoon and bucket of green tea ice cream.

"Thank you." she replied in soft tone taking the spoon and bucket of ice cream eating it.

"I'll go set up the movie," I replied heading to tv, opening the television, putting it into a certain input, and inserting the CD into the DVD player.

When it showed the menu home page place, it mentioned subtitles. That's when I realized, I didn't buy an English romcom movie. But I'm still hoping she'll enjoy the movie. I skipped all the commercials, and once the movie was about to play, I sat down on the bed beside Maria watching it with her.

1 hour passed, and even though I accidentally bought a Filipino romcom movie... she enjoyed every second of it. She even almost cried at the cute parts and cried at the sad parts.

"Did you enjoy the movie?" I asked.

"Mhm, thank you." she replied, taking the now empty bucket of ice cream and setting it down on the small table beside her bed and looking over at me with a small smile.