Chapter 46

"Maria, one of your friend's are here to see you!" Mom called from downstairs.

"Alright, I'm coming!" I yelled back, walking downstairs.

When I walked downstairs, I peeked a bit to see who it was. And honestly, I didn't know how to feel when I saw them.

"Jason, wha-what are you doing here?" I asked.

Jason startled by my voice stood up rubbing the back of his neck as he looked over at me. "I need to talk to you."

I pursed my lips and looked down, then looked back over at him.

"There's nothing to talk about. You moved onto Quinn, I hope you guys are happy together." I replied with a nod, knowing Quinn betrayed me still stung just a little bit..

He then walked over to me, now standing in front of me.

"No, there is something to talk about." he replied looking at the ground, then me. "Look, I made a mistake. Okay?" he added.

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused.

"I made a mistake breaking up with you because of Hunter. I know, you guys were just friends.. and I should've trusted you more whenever he was around you." he mentioned. "Maria. I know it's only been a few days, but.. I want you back. I need you back." he added, looking at me with a soft expression.

KARINA'S POV:

I decided to give Hunter a bit of space for a few days, that way he would miss me~ today, I had planned to talk to him again. I saw Hunter at the end of the hall talking with Quinn, then her walking away upset so I went over to him.

"Hunter~!" I called out cheerfully and once I was in front of him, I hugged him. "Miss me?" I asked with a small smile looking up at him.

"In all honestly.. not really." he replied before escaping my hug and walking away as I walked beside him.

"Wow! You're a meanie now, you used to be so kind towards me and show me affection. Even when we weren't officially together, but liked each other." I replied with a small smirk.

"Karina, that's all in the past. I don't like you like that anymore, and things are different now." he replied sighing.

"But, Hunter! You took my first kiss, and that was special to me." I replied pouting with my arms crossed as I walked beside him.

"It was just one kiss." he replied looking at me.

"And that one kiss determined whether or not you were in love with me. And you were, what happened?" I asked sadly.

The bell rung as he stopped walking and looked at me before firmly saying, "Things have changed. I'm in love with someone else now, and I'm sorry.. but it's not you." before walking away and heading to class.

It has to be Maria, it has to be her. The someone he's in love with now.. why does it piss me off? Because, he became the one person I couldn't have.

HUNTER'S POV:

"Alright class, today I'll be helping you guys apply to colleges." the teacher announced looking around the classroom. "It seems Ms. Anne is out today, can anyone help her when she returns?" the teacher asked.