Chapter 51

Once I got home and opened up the door, I heard chatter in the kitchen. It was my Mom talking with someone who sounded familiar to me. But, I had to confirm my suspicions. So after I locked the front door, I headed to the kitchen to see my Mom and Dad.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Ah, I'm here to speak with your Mother." Dad replied looking back over at me. "If you're looking for Kennedy, she's in your room waiting to see you." he added.

"Ken's here too?" I questioned.

"Yes, she is. I insisted on her staying home while I talk to your Mother, but she wanted to come and see you." he replied.

"Go up and see her Sweetie, she'll be happy to see you." Mom replied.

"Will you be fine without me?" I asked.

"Yes, I'll be fine. We're just talking," she replied  looking over at me as well with a blank blank expression.

I looked at Dad, then Mom before heading upstairs to my room to see her. When I reached my front door, I slowly opened the door and peeked inside to see her sitting on my bed watching tv closely. Though, she didn't notice me till I fully opened the door with my arms crossed.

"You know, watching television that close is gonna ruin your eye sight." I spoke as she looked over at me and perked up.

"Little do you know, my eye sight's already ruined. I wear glasses. I'm just not wearing them right now." she replied with a smile as she ran over and gave me a hug.

"How're you doing kiddo?" I asked chuckling a
bit as I hugged her back, I didn't plan to let go until she did.

"Besides not seeing my brother for who knows how long, I've been okay." she replied pulling away from the hug.

"Is there anything I need to know? The past years we haven't seen each other?" I asked.

"Wellllll.. I'm kind of-- um.." she paused, hesitating on what to say.

"You're kind of what?.." I asked. "Don't tell me you're pregnant!" I added jokingly.

"Huh?! What?! Of course not!" she replied flustered. "I'm kind of talking to someone though.." she added pursing her lips as she looked down at the floor.

"Already?! You're only 2!" I replied jokingly.

"Correction, I am 16." she laughed. "How about you? Anything new?" she asked.

"I just recently started dating someone, basically.. a girl I've liked for awhile now." I replied with a smile.

"Is it your childhood friend Karina?" she asked looking at me with a small smile.

"Eh? What-- no. Her name's Maria," I replied.

"In that case, can I meet her?!" she replied, excitement heard from the tone of her voice.

"Right now?" I questioned, considering I don't know whether or not she knocked out once she got home to her bed.

"Yes, right now! I mean, I'm here right now. So why can't I meet her before I possibly leave?" she asked.

"Maybe because it's getting late and she may or may not be sleeping?" I replied in a form of a question.

"Hmph, okay then. I'll ask Dad if I can sleepover here during the weekend and try to get the chance to meet her." she replied smiling.

"If you're gonna sleepover, you're most definitely not taking my bed. If anything, you either sleep on the couch or on the floor." I replied with a raised eyebrow.