Chapter 42

MARIA'S POV:

"What?! You and Jason broke up?!" Quinn exclaimed loudly, as if almost announcing it.

"Quinn, keep it down a notch!" I replied.

"What?! You and Jason broke up?!" Quinn whispered loudly.

"Yes." I replied pursing my lips together while looking away.

"Well, are you okay?" she asked sincerely.

"Uh, I will be." I replied faking a smile.

Then, Jason was just right down the hall. Quinn followed where my eyes were going, and all you were able to see on her face was rage.

"I'm gonna go teach him a lesson or two," she said pushing up her sleeves while almost walking over to him, almost because I was practically holding onto her.

"I'd rather have you not," I replied.

"Why not?!" Quinn complained.

"Because, physically hurting him is a little too much." I replied.

"Girl. Don't act like he can't take a girl's punches." she replied.

"Can we just go?" I asked anxiously glancing at Jason while he was now talking to Kaylee.

"Yeah, come on." she replied walking away as I followed her.

The two of us walked down the hall, and while we did Hunter noticed us.

"Maria!" Hunter called out as we both just looked at him as he walked over.

"How are you doing?" Hunter asked.

"I've been doing okay, thank you for asking." I replied with a small smile.

"Hey, Maria. I'm gonna go meet up with Jack," Quinn mentioned as I nodded and she walked away.

"Thank you for the other day by the way, for cheering me up." I said, the smile remaining.

"Anything for my best friend." he chuckled. "Anyways.. I was wondering if you were by any chance busy after school?" he asked.

"Not at all," I replied. "Why?" I questioned.

"I was wondering if you'd like to go to the Arcade with me. Maybe, it would help you get your mind off things?" he replied.

"I don't know, I'm not much of a gamer.." I replied chewing on bottom lip anxiously.

"You don't have to be a gamer, it's just to have fun." he replied. "What do you say?" he asked, his hands in his pockets as he smiled.

// A f t e r s c h o o l \\

Once school ended, I met Hunter at the front of the school to head to the Arcade with him.

"Ready to go Mari?" he asked.

"If I wasn't, I wouldn't be here." I replied.

"I catch your drift, let's get going then." he chuckled walking over to his car as I followed.

I headed to the passenger's and buckled up while he went to the driver's seat, buckled up, and started the car.

"I never got to ask, but, are you and Rose official now?" I asked, looking over at him as he drove.

"No, we're not. I didn't ask her out," he chuckled.

"What? Why not?" I asked bursting out of my seat, my eyes still on him as he glanced at me then back at the road.

"I did like her, but I don't think it'd be fair." Hunter replied.

"You don't think what would be fair?" I asked.

"To date her when there's another person on my mind." he replied.

"That one girl? You're still not over her?" I asked.

"No, and I don't think I'll ever be." he replied.

"Why?" I asked.

"I've told you what she was like, how could you get over someone like that?" he asked.

I sat back down properly, my back touching the seat as I looked at the road ahead.

"Honestly, I'm not sure how you would get over a girl like that." I replied.

"Exactly." he chuckled.

It was quiet, the radio was on but it was quiet so Hunter and I could talk. Then, all of a sudden he turned up the volume.

Song that played? Let Me Love You by Mario.

"Baby I just don't get it, do you enjoy being hurt? I know you smelled the perfume, the makeup on his shirt~" I sang along with hand motions and just getting into the feel of the music.

"You don't believe his stories, you know that they're all lies, bad as you are you stick around and--" my singing was cut off by Hunter joining, and of course he was feeling the music too.

"And I just don't know why. If I was ya man," Hunter sang.

"Baby you," I sang.

"Never worry bout," he sang.

"What I do." I sang while looking at him with a small smile.

"I'd be coming home," he sang.

"Back to you." I sang.

"Every night, doin' you right." he sang.

After 15 minutes of driving, and random jam out sessions in the car with Hunter, we had finally arrived at the Arcade.

"Finally, we're here! That took like 1 year," I exaggerated.

"Okay, now that's over exaggerating. It only took about 15 minutes," he replied.

"I know, I was just joking." I chuckled opening the car door and stepping outside as he did the same. "Come on~!" I said cheerfully heading towards the entrance.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." he chuckled following me from behind.

When I went inside, the first thing I saw was a room full of Arcade games. So. Many. Games.

"What game do you want to play first?" he asked.

"Hmm.. terminator!" I replied with a smile.

"Alright, let's go get some tokens first." he replied walking over to a machine to get some tokens then the two of us walked over to the Terminator game.

"I'm gonna let you play by yourself first, so I know you actually know how to play it." he said as I held the gun, and put my finger on the trigger.

He put the coins in, and when it started I obviously had no idea what I was doing.

"Damn, you suck." he said. "No offense. Here, I'll help you." he added, stepping behind me while putting his hands over mines.

"Well, I'm never gonna learn if I get help without trying first," I retorted.

"Well, you should be learning now that I'm helping, when I play with you I expect you to take care of your side." he chuckled.

----------

After many games later, the last game we played was Guitar Hero. Well, he played it first while I watched. He chose the song Yellow by Coldplay, it was a song I knew.

"Look at the stars, look how they shine for you, and everything you do." I sang happily.

I looked over at him a bit as I sang, and he had a half smile displayed on his face.

"Your skin, oh yeah your skin and bones, turn into something beautiful." I sang.

When he chose the song Yellow to play, I couldn't help but wonder if while he's playing this... he's thinking of the girl he's liked for awhile now.

• - • - • - • - •
• - • - • - •
A/N: updateddd! thank you guys so much for reading, and you're patience! 💗 i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, if so pleaseee comment and vote! thank you! (: