Chapter 18

Today was Monday, October 18.

Even though it was long ago, I'm still here left wondering if anything happened between Quinn and Cole before I came. As of right now, I was just standing in the hall putting the pieces together.. then again it wasn't my business.

"Hey, Maria!" I heard Hunter call out as I turned and looked at him.

"Oh. Hey," I replied with a small smile. "What's up?" I asked looking up at him considering I was short, and he looked freakishly tall.

"Nothing really. I was just wondering if you were doing anything after school?" he asked.

"Nope, nothing at all. Why?" I asked.

"I was wondering if you'd like to hangout with me after school. I mean-- if you like," he replied as I let out a small chuckle.

"Well, I don't see why not." I answered.

"Great, so meet at the front after school?" he asked as I nodded. "Okay, I'll see you later then." he replied with a smile and waved.

// L u n ch t i m e \\

"You're going out with Hunter after school? What about you and Jason? Do you guys still talk?" Quinn asked.

"I'm not going out with him, it's just two friends hanging out." I replied. "And of course I still talk to him, a lot actually." I replied.

"If you and Jason are still talking, I think it's best not to hangout with Hunter at all. It's like-- talking to another person you like when you're already talking with someone you've been liking." she replied.

"But I don't like Hunter, I only like him as a friend. I like like Jason." I replied.

"Yeah, but I'm just telling you. If Jason finds out, I don't think it's gonna go well between you two." she replied.

"But me and Hunter are only friends, and it's just two friends hangi--" she cut me off.

"Maria. Listen to me, follow the advice I'm giving you." Quinn said impolitely.

"Why is it so bad for two friends to hangout?" I asked her in a soft voice.

"It's bad if one is a girl, and one is a boy. And it's especially bad if one is so unaware of the other's feelings." she replied.

"I don't understand, what feelings?" I asked.

She gave me a sad smile as she spoke. "Maybe you'll be able to see it one day." she replied. "And when you see it that one day, you'll realize why it's better to stay away."

• - • - • - • - •
• - • - • - •
A/N: It's Thursday, and I have a field trip tomorrow so I thought.. why not update today!! Thank you guys for your patience, and all the support. I love you guys so much! And also, what did Quinn mean by, "you'll be able to see it one day"? 🤔 I think you guys knowww, just don't want to say!! Come on, don't be shy! Comment below and tell me!! ((; thanks for reading! Please vote ily all 💕