Chapter 7

When I saw no one, I was practically caught off guard. And that was exactly when someone threw a water balloon behind me. Guess who it was.

It was.. JASON! He hella caught me off guard, I was still carrying my water balloon so I practically chased him, when I thought the time was right I threw it, BUT I MISSED!

Jason stopped and looked at me with a soft chuckle. "You have terrible aim." he said, a soft small smile displayed on his face.

I walked over to him and lightly punched his shoulder. "Oh, shut up." I replied.

When I punched his shoulder he just laughed again. "Your little attitude is kinda cute, turns me on." Jason said as I turned red.

I was gonna punch him again, but he ran away before I had the chance too. Me being me, of course I ran after him. When we made our way back to the park, I heard a, "Get her!" and that was exactly when A LOT of water balloons were launched at me.. Almost as if this was planned.

Jason just stood there watching as I was pelted with water balloons, but soon enough he came into my rescue with a bunch of water balloons throwing it back at everyone else while blocking me.

HUNTER'S POV:

An attack on Maria who just recently started having a water balloon fight with us. Pelting the new person joining in on the game with us was our way of welcoming them to our group.

It wasn't long before we stopped throwing water balloons at her, but Jason took a few hits for her. Nothing going on there, right?

"Welcome to the group Maria!" Quinn said with a happy smile hugging her as everyone else joined.

"Thanks! But just because I'm part of your guys' group doesn't mean--" Maria paused throwing a water balloon at Quinn.

"I'm not gonna let this L slide so easily." she said grabbing a bunch of water balloons and throwing it at everyone.

"Take cover!" Cole yelled as everyone scrambled, though Maria was still able to get her shots in.

"Looks like I've underestimated you!" Jason yelled followed by a chuckle.

"I guess so!" Maria yelled back followed by a chuckle as well.

After that, it was a free-for-all. And then after a few hours of our free-for-all water balloon fight, we all decided to sit down, talk, and dry up before the party.

Originally, I was gonna go talk to Maria but Jason beat me to her. They were laughing and smiling, I was associating with the others.

MARIA'S POV:

After drying up from the recent water balloon fight, we all got ready for the party in the bathroom.. And if you think it's a porter potty, it's not it's an actually bathroom with stalls and sinks and all that.

I changed into the white cropped strapless top followed by a royal blue flowy skirt that had a gold-ish belt with it, I was gonna wear the tan heels before I left the car to the party. Quinn just wore a simple strapless black dress.

We headed to her car, I guess we finished before the boys because their car was still there.

"Let me just text Jack, and then we'll be off." Quinn said with a smile.

I'm assuming she's telling him that we're going to the party already, so after she did text him she began driving. And Broccoli by D.R.A.M came on!

"Hey lil mama would you like to be my sunshine!" we both sang, we were most definitely a perfect pair of friends that's for sure.

We soon arrived at Ryder's house, I took off my black converse and socks then put on my tan heels opening the door and stepping out as did Quinn as she walked over.

"Waaa~! Maria you look so beautiful!" Quinn said happily and excitedly.

"Thank you." I replied with a smile. "Let's go in?" I asked as she nodded, the two of us walking inside Ryder's house.

There was a TON of people here, lots of people I didn't know of course. We were greeted by Ryder who noticed and walked over to us.

"Wow, Maria you look amazing!" Ryder said with a half smile.

"Oh, thank you." I replied with a smile.

"May I offer you ladies a drink?" Ryder asked.

"We can get our drinks on our own, thank you." Quinn said as he just nodded and walked away.

The boys soon arrived.

"You both look amazing!" Cole said.

"I agree." Jason replied.

"Maria, you look nice. Quinn, you look okay." Jack said teasingly.

"Shut up," Quinn replied sticking her tongue out at him playfully.

"Whatever. You wanna go get some drinks?" Jack asked her.

"Sure." she replied with a small smile, the two walking away.

Cole went somewhere else, as did Hunter.

"You wanna go get some drinks and dance?" Jason asked me.

I've never had any type of alcohol at all before.

"I'd love to," I replied with a smile walking with him side by side.

• - • - • - • - •
A/N: Thank you guysss so much for your patience and reading! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Please vote and let me know who are the people in this story you ship together in the comments section below! I personally ship Quinn & Jack! (: and thank you for 300 reads! Love ya'll! :*