Chapter 12

Clare lay there motionless. She held her eyes closed, not wanting to see who was before her. She felt small hands lift her up in a sitting position. Clare opened her eyes and met a young boy's eyes. He had blond hair and golden eyes. He was dressed in white.

 ''Um, do I know you?'' The small boy smiled.

''I'm Alois Trancy, the owner of this mansion. Come, we must get you to a safer place.'' Alois grabbed her hand and pulled her out the bedroom door. He led her down a very long staircase.

''Alois. Let her go!'' Clare stood in the middle of the ball room with Alois holding her left hand.

Claude came up from behind Clare and held her shoulders and whispered, ''Stay behind me. These people have tried to take you away from us and make you a slave.'' Clare nodded and let go of  Alois's hand. She walked behind Claude.

  '' Clare!  Come over, here, hurry!'' A little kid stepped out of the shadows. His eye had an eye-patch on it and Clare thought he was hurt. Clare ran over to the boy.

 ''Are you ok?'' The little boy had an eye brow rose.

'' Why wouldn't I be, Clare are you ok?''

 ''Clare! Get over here!'', Claude yelled at her. She took one glance at the boy and started to leave, but her arm was held back.

 '' Clare, what did they do to you? There the bad guys remember?''

 ''No she doesn't.'' A tall guy said coming out of the corner. The guy had raven hair and crimson eyes. The younger boy was distracted so Clare took this as a chance to escape his grasp and get back over to Claude and Alois. 

 The tall man in black stepped in front of Clare.